Chapter 10 (Rewritten)

You can't believe it! I won! But this is also bad! What if he gets mad or-!?

"YOU DID IT!!!"

Your thoughts were interrupted by someone engulfing you in a giant hug while spinning you around.

You looked to see that it was Eren hugging you tightly, but soon it became tighter as Mikasa and Armin joined in as well.

The crowd of cadets began to clap and cheer, while you hearing compliments from some people.

You didn't know if you should feel accomplished or scared out of your mind.

In the corner of your eye, you looked to see the commander still on the ground. Feeling a bit bad, you broke the hug and ran towards him.

He didn't respond to your reached out hand so you let out a faint breath of annoyance and pulled him up by the arm.

Shadis looked shocked, he stared at you in bewilderment.

"You...how?" he was utterly speechless.

You were soon pulled back from the crowd, but this time by random people.

"Amazing!"

"Where did you learn to fight like that?"

"You were incredible!"

You felt your heart swell a bit. For the first time in your life...you finally felt accepted.

At least that's what it felt like to you. 

*Time Skip*

News of you beating Commander Shadis was spread all across the mess hall. You didn't really care as much as you hungrily chomped through your dinner.

"Y/n! You were amazing!" You heard a familiar female voice say.

You looked up to find Krista staring at you with bright amazement. She looked genuinely kind, but something about her kindness felt off.

But you could tell something was off. Your eyes slightly widened as you saw right through her mask.

She was faking it.

You then noticed a much taller girl next to her. A very familiar face. Where have you seen here before?

Your memories came back. Oh...she's the attractive girl who laughed at you when I fell on the top bunk that day.

What's she doing here?

Krista then nudged her by the side.

"Come on, tell her Ymir!"

"No way. I'm not going to admit it!"

So her name is Ymir. 

"You saw the way she fought and I heard what you mumbled. You said you were impressed."

Ymir cursed under her breath, knowing it was the truth.

"Fine, if you want me to do it so badly. I guess your moves were pretty cool, kid. But don't get too cocky about it."

"Kid?" You thought. 

It was weird she called you that. She must be older than you. 

"Y/N!!!!" You felt a strong force stumbled you back a bit. Sasha was hugging you. 

"Jean keeps calling me Potato Girl, make him stop!"

"Are you an idiot!? Have you forgotten she can't talk! What do you think she's going to say!?" Jean yelled back.

"I'm not an idiot. I knew that already. I just thought she might help me punch you in the face."

"I'll gladly like to see her punch horseface." You heard Eren say.