Chapter 19 (Rewritten)

Before you knew it, Eren has finally joined the scouts, Levi's squad, to be more specific. 

Problem was, because of his new abilities, he is not fully trusted within your squad. 

Although you were happy to have Eren by your side again, the others weren't really all that thrilled. 

After your squad mates heard about what happened with Eren and how he will be joining your squad, they smiled it off and said they were glad. 

But in reality, you could sense their fear.  

You watched as Oluo explains how they are going to an old castle for the time due to not trusting Eren one bit at HQ. Petra was next to you, talking away, thinking you were listening. 

"You know, you're a very good listener, Y/n. I mean, I know you have to be since you---y'know, can't..." her voice trailed off with embarrassment. 

Your eyes slightly narrowed at her, obviously taking offense to that. 

"Sorry if I offend you! I'm just glad I have someone like you to talk to whenever I need to get something off my chest." She quickly said. 

You smiled slightly at Petra; happy she thinks of you that way. 

"I never knew you and Eren were childhood friends. No wonder you two seemed joyful to see each other. Though are you guys you're just best friends? You guys almost looked like a couple that time."

Your eyes widened in discomfort. 

Is that the way she viewed it!?

....

You weren't told Eren would be joining Captain Levi's squad at the time. You were only told that he'll be joining the Survey Corps due to the decision. So you were a little confused as to why your squad mates said they were expecting a new recruit to join. 

It didn't take long for you to connect the dots and realize Eren was joining your squad. 

"Y/n?" Eren asked. You turned around and saw him dressed in full uniform. 

You quickly made your way over to him. 

"Y/n--ow! Hey!" You punched him in the arm playfully. 

You let out a muffled laugh at your stunt. 

"You want to play it like that, huh?" Eren smiled mischievously. 

He then caught you by surprise by wrapping an arm around you and ruffling your head roughly. You let out a yelp as you fought against his grip. 

The two of you tussled and laughed, completely forgetting your squad mates were watching in the background. 

"You're friends with the titan boy?" Oluo asked from behind. 

You and Eren both stopped your antics, turning to face the others. Eren's arm still wrapped around you. 

You twitched in annoyance. 

"Oluo! Be nice!" Petra hissed. 

Wanting to mess with him, you pulled away from Eren and made your way to Petra. 

You engulfed Petra in a hug, which just as you planned, Oluo didn't like very much. 

"Hey! What do you think you're doing!?"

"Oluo, calm down. It's just a hug."

You looked back at Oluo and stuck your tongue out on him.