Chapter 23: Video

"I swear to god this could be our greatest success", a tall, young male with dark hair said to the woman with glasses, who sat behind a big desk made of dark wood. "It's a risk, Elias", the woman said in a calm voice. "Look at the footage again. This was real and not performed, arranged or prepared", Elias urged his Boss once more and gave the woman his phone to watch the video again he had filmed today in the early morning.

The woman took the phone and watched the video again, which showed a blue-haired male around twenty with glowing hands, who seemed to fix a sort of barrier. After fixing said barrier, which made itself invisible, the unknown male walked into it without a slightest bit of hesitation and just disappeared into thin air. You could clearly hear Elias gasp behind the camera. The woman paused the video, knowing that the next few minutes were unimportant because it only proved that there was no trace of the unknown male with the blue hair or the barrier he had fixed.

Elias looked at his boss with hope in his eyes, when she gave the phone back to him. "Did you check if something was there? Like a Splitter of this invisible barrier or something that even scientists would see as something supernatural", she asked the male. Elias looked down to his feet and shook his head. His hope faded like white smoke in the wind.

His boss exhaled loudly. "I know that you are fascinated by supernatural things and that you wouldn't dare fake this video but I can't let you write an article about this because it would make our newspaper look incredibly stupid. I mean I can't even fully believe this video is real. Do you understand that?", the woman explained. "I understand", Elias said and nodded in understanding, even though his face clearly showed his disappointment.

The woman with the glasses mustered him thoughtfully. She seemed to debate on something. "I trust you, Elias. You are a good kid and journalist", she said and paused for a short second. "You can release the video on our website. We can make it look like an accidental upload or some hacker's prank when it backfires", she continued. Elias' eyes immediately lit up at that. "Thank you so much, ma'am", he thanked the woman with a big smile.

"No problem", she answered with a light grin. "And now get to work", she added and shooed the male out of her office with a simple hand gesture. "Of course, ma'am", Elias said and walked out of the door with a happy skip in his steps, letting the blue crystal, which was his necklace's charm, bounce against his chest.

Now he was even more determined to get actual proof for the existence of a supernatural world. After all he had seen and filmed an actual warlock working with magic on some sort barrier humans couldn't see or feel. It didn't really exist to them you could say. Elias had been lucky enough to notice it and was convinced that this was the thing, which kept the supernatural beings hidden from the human eye.

"I will prove the existence of a supernatural world for sure", Elias thought to himself while walking down the corridors of the newspaper company he was working for, towards his own little office.

————————————————

"Felix. Tell me what you are hiding. Now", Jeongin demanded, when he managed to trap the ginger between his arms. Felix's back was pressed against the cold surface of the lockers and in all honesty he felt like he was in a damn drama but he also knew that he needed to get away from Jeongin before he told him a secret that wasn't his.

"I-I can't. It's not my secret to tell", the ginger slightly stuttered because of Jeongin's fierce stare. Felix internally cursed at himself for stutter but also at Minho and Jisung because they didn't tell the rest of the group that they were dating yet so he was the only one, who knew until now. They wanted to wait a little bit and Felix had to bite back a lot of comments he wanted to make when he saw Jisung spacing out a couple of times when they were watching a documentary about Goethe in Literature.