Chapter 50: Daggers

"I hate this stupid Zendala", Ten cursed lowly. The Demi-dragon with the big golden wings was flying high in the air while his eyes scanned over the surroundings under him. On the ground were supernatural creatures fighting against a lot of hunters, who apparently had appeared out of nowhere as far as NCT knew. It resembles the situation at the Sky Clan territory but this time NCT and their allies weren't too late to safe the creatures in danger.

Jaehyun, who was flying beside Ten silently agreed with the older's statement about hating Zendala but too focused on the situation on the ground to agree with his fellow demi-dragon verbally.

On the ground everyone was fighting for their life and even though the Moon pack got help from NCT, K.A.R.D, MonstaX and A.C.E the hunters just became more and more. To top that they just killed any creature, which came into their way, no matter if young or old. They also had sharpshooters hidden somewhere, who kept every creature from fleeing the scene by foot.

"Just continue to try spotting and then take out the sharpshooters", Jaehyun said scanning the area under him again. "We know they are there and thanks to WinWin they can't see us", the younger demi-dragon added, letting his golden dragon eyes sweep over the trees systematically.

"You are really calling him WinWin? What's wrong with his real name Sicheng?", Ten questioned while he focused on the trees as well. "We are on a mission, hyung. Focus on your task and not how I call another member", Jaehyun only huffed without looking at the older.

"Alright but I don't get why we are the ones searching for the sharpshooters. Doyoung along with someone, who has magical abilities would be more fitted for this task", Ten argued while he searched for the enemy with his bronze dragon eyes.

"Stop questioning our leader's decisions. He will have his reasons, after all he is a guardian and knows what's best for us", Jaehyun stated, getting a little bit irritated. With all respect Ten should focus on the task at hand and not whine like a toddler.

"Still we could do a lot more damage on the ground and unlike some creatures steel weapons don't do much to us", Ten muttered, still trying to spot a sharpshooter but finding no clue for them. They were excellently hidden.

"If we use our fire on the ground we would burn down everyone no matter if enemy or ally and we don't know if we are immune to the weapons of hunters. We have never fought against them directly, so stop whining and get to work.", the younger dragon huffed, letting himself dash forward with one strong swing of his wings.

Suddenly they both heard a malicious chuckle from behind them. Without hesitating for a bit Ten turn around like lighting and breathed out enough fire to burn a little, wooden cabin to ashes. The person, a woman with long blue hair and a midnight blue cloak, who had chuckled wasn't fazed by that since the fire just dodged her like she was surrounded by a shield.

"Aren't you fast with shooting, huh?", she mused while a malicious smile drew itself onto her red lips. Jaehyun wasn't having her kind of small talk. He turned around and immediately charged at her, trying to hit her with his claws while knowing that Ten had his back with his fire breath.

The woman dodged every hit directed at her with ease. It almost seems like she was dancing in midair. "Don't you ever get tired?", she asked innocently while she spun to the side, dodging another stream of fire from Ten, who was slowly getting irritated.

Jaehyun was panting a bit while positioning himself beside the older demi-dragon. He hasn't been able to hit the lady in the midnight blue cloak once. She was just too fast, even though she obviously wasn't a creature made to fight high up in the air.

"Who are you?", Ten questioned even though the two Demi-dragons could already guess who this woman was. She fitted the description of Zendala they had and she was obviously a magical creatures, otherwise she wouldn't be able to be this high up in the air without wings.