Chapter 42: Interrogation from hell

"Why did you come along again?", Wonpil asked, looking at his younger brother when they stood in front of the entrance of the NCT headquarter. Seungmin had tagged along with the older without asking or even announcing he was coming along.

"Because I'm your ticket back into the mansion without being seen", Seungmin answered with a grin on his lips. Wonpil slightly rolled his eyes at that, knowing full well that Seungmin came along because of his two friends and to get some answers.

"Poor Byungho and Woosu, who have to do all the work", the older huffed and began walking again, entering the building before them. "Hey!", Seungmin complaint, running after his brother, matching his pace when they walked into the lobby of the headquarter. "My plan has a part for everyone, alright? Everyone had to use their ability including yours and mine", the younger redhead added. Seungmin was always the one making plans for things and he was really good at if you were honest.

"Yeah, yeah, I know", Wonpil snorted, tousling Seungmin's red hair, which got a cute squeak out of the younger. The older chuckled while Seungmin jumped back a little and tried to fix his hair.

The lobby of the NCT headquarter hadn't much to offer except for a reception with nobody seated behind the counter along with some plants and four elevator doors, two on the left side and two on the right of the room. Each door had something written above: 127, U, Dream and WayV. Wonpil looked around in the gigantic but empty lobby, his eyes falling onto the four signs above the elevator doors with 127, U, Dream and WayV written on them. He eyed the names with a little bit of confusion reflecting in his features, since he had no clue what the names were referring to or meant.

"Do we even know where to go now?", Seungmin asked, more or less having fixed his hair. Wonpil shook his head as an answer. "You hung up before Sungjin-hyung could say anything about this place", the older added, without an accusation in his voice while continuing to muster the four names written above the elevator doors. Seungmin followed his gaze, ultimately noticing what the older was looking at.

"127, U, Dream, WayV ... is this a riddle or something?", the younger redhead asked out loud. "Nope, those are the Subunits of NCT even though they aren't really used anymore", a familiar voice answered Seungmin, letting the heads of the two brothers turn towards it's source.

In front of a door at the back of the lobby, the demon brothers swore hasn't been there before, stood Jae along with Sungjin, Younghyun and Dowoon.

"Guys!", Wonpil exclaimed excitingly, running directly into the arms of his four friends but Seungmin would argue that it were three friends and a boyfriend. Seungmin skipped over to the group of friends but not joining the little group hug. He felt happy seeing his older brother's excitement and bliss.

"I missed seeing the five of you all together", Seungmin said with a soft grin on his face, gaining the attention of the five older males. They looked at each other before smiling brightly. Seungmin was right after all, it felt good to be together as a group again.

"Let's get going. Johnny and Taeyong are probably waiting", Sungjin stated, slowly dissolving the group hug of his friends, so they could go through the door behind them. Nobody really protested even though Dowoon sneakily took Wonpil's hand, intertwining his fingers with the one's of the older redhead. Seungmin of course noticed, making him smile a bit to himself but he said nothing and followed Sungjin, who was leading the way.

The young redhead already knew who Taeyong and Johnny were, since almost everyone knew the name of NCT's leader and Johnny wasn't only an important member of NCT but also Miroh High's English teacher. Therefore Seungmin usually called Johnny, Mr. Suh and not by his nickname but he was aware of it.