Chapter 59: Past issues

Jisung became a bit scared when Minho's mood dropped so abruptly. Yes, Lee Minho was one of the most unpredictable creatures Jisung had ever met, but even for him this kind of defensive behavior was unusual. The blond male, who had fixated Minho and Felix with his eyes, looked very irritated and stalked towards them like some kind of predator.

The warlock wished he had a good nose like Chan or Minho, so he could already tell what this guy was for a type of creature, so he could brace himself. The unknown blond had no physical traits like a pair of ears, fangs or a tail, which revealed his species of supernatural creature instantly, so Jisung's only option was to guess.

"What are you two doing here?", the blond male growled when he stood just two meters away from the group, obviously talking to just Minho and Felix who were still his main focus. Jisung could feel how Minho tensed beside him and slowly let the arms, which he had put around Jisung drop.

"Well guess why", the cat hybrid with the hazel nut hair shot back at the unknown male with an irritated undertone. A very deep, animalistic growl escaped the blond's throat. He looked ready to bounce at Minho, but if that happened Jisung would let him jump against a magical shield for sure. He didn't care who this guy was; if he dared to attack Minho he would have to put up with Jisung too. 

"Tae what has gotten into you? Calm down", a voice behind the blond guy spoke up. It was the rather small male (even though he was still taller than Jisung) with the pink hair and white fairy wings on his back. He quickly walked forward, grabbed "Tae" by his arm and yanked him back, bringing a good amount of distance between him and Minho. For safety measures, Jisung wrapped his arms around Minho's waist, so the cat hybrid couldn't get anywhere without having to shake the warlock off first.

"Jimin let me go. I didn't do anything", the blond protested and ripped his arm out of the fairy's hold. He was still irritated, but Jisung noticed that he spoke a bit softer with the pink haired male.

"Just tell us what's up, hyung", a third unknown male with the dark hair mumbled, obviously concerned. He joined the fairy's side and somehow Jisung was instantly convinced the brunette was a werewolf because of his broad frame. Jisung looked up to Minho who was still glaring at the blond with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Hyung what's going on?", he whispered, so hopefully only the cat hybrid could hear him. The older didn't respond nor did he look at the warlock. He was still focused on the unknown male with the blond hair.

"Minho-hyung", Jisung tried to get the cat hybrid's attention again, but this time he held the cat hybrid a tad tighter. Minho finally noticed this and turned his head, so he was facing his mate. Just looking into the warlock's eyes was seemingly enough to let the cat hybrid calm down again.

"I'm sorry, Jisung", he mumbled barely audible. Jisung lightly shook his head. Minho may have some strange thought processes sometimes, but he must have a reason to be this irritated from just meeting eyes with the unknown blond guy.

"Just don't do anything you could regret", the warlock muttered and let his arms relax a bit, so they were put loosely around the cat hybrid's waist. Minho could escape the warlock's hold more easily now, but Jisung trusted his boyfriend enough to not pick a fight right now.

Apparently the blond had been calmed down too by the fairy and the dark-haired male since his irritated aura, which had surrounded him like a cloud of smoke, was slowly easing up. His hiked up shoulders had slumped a little and his head hung low, but Jisung could still feel a kind of suppressed anger in his stature. The fairy laid his hand on the blond's shoulder in a sympathetic manner before he turned around and walked up to the incomplete Stray Kids group and Yedam.