Chapter 67: Lies

Jeongin had no clue why the man with the green hair and unpleasant scent, who he assumed was Jisung's uncle, was here and what he was supposed to tell Johnny and the male vampire, but the moment the kitsune saw fear in the warlock's eyes he didn't really care what it was that he knew. He just wanted to let the man regret ever hurting Jisung.

"Do you want to cooperate now?", Jeongin asked feigning innocence. He tilted his head to the side and looked at Ro Kanho with his bright orange eyes, forcing the warlock to once more realize that he was talking to a kitsune, a trickster.

"Why would I want to cooperate just because a kid joined the crew?", the man scoffed in a almost mocking tone but he only glanced at Jeongin and then fixed his gaze onto Johnny and the male vampire. Johnny looked a little displeased with the whole situation and had his arms crossed over his chest but he said nothing. The male vampire on the other hand seemed to mentally encourage Jeongin by not reacting to the male warlock either.

Jeongin smiled a bit to himself. So, they really will let him play and use his full powers, huh? He did quite enjoy that since normally he had to hold himself back in order to not hurt anyone by accidentally tricking them. It was something especially important when he was with his friends. The last thing he wanted to do was to hurt his friends and group members because he unintentionally tricked them into doing something they did't like.

The kitsune fixated Ro Kanho with his gaze, once again seeing the warlock's fear and nervousness he desperately tried to hide.
"I think you are afraid of me, of what I obviously am", Jeongin said slowly, looking directly into the eyes of the green-haired man.

Like expected this sparked more fear into male warlock and he looked away, basically admitting that Jeongin was right and that he was indeed afraid of the blond boy. Still, the warlock seemed to refuse to say anything and just stayed silent.

"Just cooperate, Kanho. We know enough to keep you here and you know that", the male vampire suddenly spoke up. Jeongin mentally noted the name the vampire used to refer to the warlock. It was the conformation the kitsune had waited for. This man truly was Jisung's terrible uncle.

Kanho looked at the vampire and then glanced at Jeongin. The young kitsune wanted to let that man face his greatest fears, but he also knew that he probably wouldn't get the chance to do that.  Johnny would probably be the one keeping him from unleashing such a mighty illusion on the man.

"Alright, I will cooperate but send the kid away", the warlock answered after a long pause. He looked a bit defeated but sounded rather serious. Jeongin balled his fist a little bit in mild irritation and wished for the opportunity to just cast a nasty spell over the warlock like he deserved.

"Thank you for your cooperation", Jeongin heard the male vampire speak up beside him. He gave Jisung's uncle a little nod and then turned to Jeongin.
"Let's go, Jeongin", he simply said and the kitsune knew there was no place to argue, so he just obeyed even though he really wanted to stay.

The male vampire gently lead the young kitsune away while Johnny walked into one of the rooms with Jisung's uncle. Jeongin scrunched up his nose in annoyance, how he wished he could have joined the interrogation of Ro Kanho.

"Thank you, Jeongin", the vampire thanked the fox spirit while walking. Jeongin looked at the older male before looking straight ahead and slowly transforming back into his normal form. His fluffy fox ears and tail slowly faded and his orange eyes returned to their dark brown color.

The blond didn't really understand why the vampire was thanking him. After all, he didn't do much to his own displeasure. Ro Kanho was obviously afraid of kitsunes like a lot of people and cowardly enough to quickly take an offer, which would keep Jeongin away from him.