Chapter 76: Difficult decision

Hyunjin was sitting on one of the couches of the common room and stared at the ceiling while waiting for his friends to arrive. Jeongin was sitting next to him, doing basically the same thing. The siren let a sigh escape him and let himself fall to the side, so his head rested on his cousin's shoulder. The kitsune didn't let that bother him and continued to stare holes into the ceiling in hopes of making the time pass faster.

The training of the two had ended around half an hour ago. They had made their way to the common room on the third floor almost immediately, not losing much time. In retrospect they should have taken their time, considering that they now needed to wait for an unpredictable amount of time, but neither of them dared to complain about it. They knew that their friends were probably training a lot harder than them.

"This is boring", Jeongin said and suddenly stood up, causing Hyunjin to fall to the side, almost hitting his head on the couch's armrest. The siren quickly caught himself, successfully keeping his head from making contact with the piece of furniture. The black-haired male then glared at the blond in front of the couch, who seemed to be in thought and seemingly didn't notice Hyunjin's glare.

"We should do something, so waiting is not so boring", the kitsune suggested, looking at his cousin. Hyunjin raised an eyebrow, already questioning what they could possible do without leaving this place.

"You know we have to stay here, right?", the siren reminded the blond. Jeongin rolled his eyes at that.

"Of course I know. I'm not stupid, hyung", he huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, looking around the room with a bit of a mischievous glint in his eyes. Hyunjin wasn't sure whenever he liked it or not that his cousin was looking around the room like he was searching for trouble.

"We could play a game", the kitsune then said, looking back to Hyunjin with his eyes shining with excitement. Hyunjin squinted his eyes at the blond. Something about this suggestion was suspicious. What was the kitsune aiming at with this?

"What kind of game?", Hyunjin asked carefully. Jeongin grinned lightly. "One truth, two lies", the kitsune answered, confusing the siren to a certain extend. Why had the blond looked around the room when the game didn't require that? Oh wait, he probably did it to confuse or distract Hyunjin, but it was still a stupid game choice considering that they grew up together and therefore knew a lot about each other. Still, the siren was bored enough to consider agreeing.

"Alright, let's play", Hyunjin answered while properly sitting up. He wasn't entirely sure if he already knew Jeongin's true intentions, but he was a bit too bored to say no to a little game to pass the time. The kitsune's smile grew a little bit and he let himself plop down next to Hyunjin. He turned towards his cousin and laid his legs over the siren's lap.

"I'll start", the kitsune smiled. "First, I never directly lie to Auntie. Second, I never missed a day in school. And third I don't have a best friend", Jeongin said, looking at his cousin expectedly. Hyunjin chuckled at the obvious lies.

Jeongin had missed days at school before for various reason. Mostly he didn't feel good or fell sick over the weekend. It was the most normal thing ever to miss at least one or two days of school due a sickness. The second lie was that Jeongin didn't have a best friend. The blond's best friend was non other that Hwang Hyunjin himself. Ever since they were little, Jeongin and Hyunjin referred to each other as cousins and best friends since they knew each other the best.

The truth was the first one since the young kitsune was a little bit too scared to directly lie to Ms. Hwang. After all, she was half kitsune and would be able to see through his lies immediately. It was also important to consider that when Ms. Hwang hated something it was being lied to, meaning she would grill Jeongin the minute she realized he lied to her.