Chapter 73: Throwable portals

Byungho, concentrated on finding Seungmin's portal, could immediately feel the younger's magic. Seungmin's magic felt dark yet powerful, which Byungho assumed was normal for a demon. The brunette knew his own magic was neither light nor dark, considering he was a mixed blood between an angel and a demon. Still, Byungho managed to easily intertwine his magic with Seungmin's. The portal of both boys lit up a little when the connection stabilized itself.

It really wasn't hard for Byungho and Seungmin to connect their portals, but the reason for it wasn't entirely clear. Sure, they were brothers and good magic users, but it still impressed Matthew, who was supervising them, immensely.

"You two really don't need me for this", the blond guardian chuckled. He had been training with Wonpil while also keeping an eye on the two younger Kim brothers. Byungho had to admit that Matthew and Wonpil were a really good team and worked really well together. After all, Matthew didn't need to have 100 percent of his concentration on the portal for it to work.

Byungho hoped that Woosu was doing great with his training too. He hadn't seen the young warlock since he walked off with Taeyong, but there was reason to believe that he was doing fine. After all, it wasn't too long ago that the red-haired guardian had come over to talk to Matthew for a short while. According to the blond guardian, Woosu had been teamed up with Lee Minhyuk from MonstaX and was therefore partly responsible for mentioned group. Minhyuk, or as Byungho knew him, Mr. Lee was an amazing and skilled warlock, meaning Woosu was in very good hands.

If Byungho was honest with himself, he was more worried about Seungmin than Woosu. The redhead had a messed up moral compass to deal with and really shouldn't perform any magic for the day. Up until now Seungmin was doing perfectly fine as far as Byungho's could tell, but it could change any minute.

Ever since they started training, Seungmin had been concentrating on the task at hand and seemingly had no problem managing to perform magic, but Byungho knew better than anyone else that the younger could be pretending to be fine. He was a demon and therefore perfect liar, after all.

"We should take a break for a little bit to recharge", Wonpil suggested, stretching his fingers a bit. "I agree with that. Go get yourselves something to eat and drink while I find Taeyong real quick and ask for a couple of spell suggestions, so we can prepare other spells too that might come in handy", Matthew agreed with Wonpil before jogging off, leaving the three Kim brothers behind.

Some people in the hall were still practicing, but mostly combat and not portal spells. Seemed like the pairs were chosen pretty thoughtfully. Byungho could see some of the younger NCT members train combat spells with all sorts of elements and also Wow from A.C.E along with a fairy that Byungho assumed was part of the same group.

Byungho looked over to Seungmin, who seemed to try something with his magic while Wonpil watched him anxiously. The young demon was forming a little portal between his hands, bending it in weird shapes then he stretched his hand out like he was throwing the portal. In the form of a ball the little portal was pushed forward, getting bigger and bigger until it stopped not far away from Byungho.

The brunette blinked in confusion. Portals were usually static spells, which didn't move. They just got bigger given the amount of magic used on it. So, did Seungmin just throw a portal at him? Did Seungmin just invent a throwable portal? Byungho looked over to Wonpil, who probably had the same expression as him, absolutely baffled.

"It worked", Seungmin cheered, grinning like a child. "You saw it right?", he asked, looking at Wonpil and Byungho. Both older's nodded slowly. Seungmin was a magic genius. That was never new information, but just became very prominent.

"How the hell did you do that? Why did you do that?", Wonpil asked, walking over to Seungmin to get a better look at the portal. Byungho looked at the red vortex of magic. It looked like a normal portal and the magic radiating from it was normal too. It seemed like it was created normally and not thrown.