Chapter 47: Dark and light waters

Zendala sat behind a very large desk, which was covered by a very big map. The woman stared at the map, seemingly thinking about something. She didn't even register that the door of her office was opened by Reinhard until the hunter with the red crystal spoke up.

"Everyone wants to take action, Zendala", he said with no emotion in his voice while his eyes focused on the fable warlock in front of him. "I know that but the right time hasn't come yet", the woman answered not looking up from the map. She scanned over it multiple times still thinking.

Reinhard narrowed his eyes at her, looking displeased. "We haven't attacked anyone in one month. We haven't even touch the moon pack like we had planed", Reinhard argued, slowly having a bit of irritation in his voice but the hunter's face remained unmoved.

"Yes, because three vampiric royal guards got away. It is too risky to attack the moon pack. They might have been warned but you know that because you aren't stupid, so why argue about it again", Zendala responded still not looking at the hunter with the red crystal. She let the fingers of her right hand lightly drum against the surface of the desk while she continued to memorize every little detail of the map.

"Every little supernatural creature is now hidden and on guard because we gave them the time to do so. We won over the vampire palace because they weren't prepared but still lost some good men. Now everyone is eager to do something but you keep them waiting", the hunter said, crossing his arms over his chest. Zendala slowly looked up to meet Reinhard's eyes. Her sky blue eyes alway had something mysterious in them but most of the time it made them unreadable.

"Why are you coming with this topic to me again? We have already talked it over and agreed on waiting to let your hunters heal, so what do you really want, Reinhard", the woman hissed, narrowing her eyes at the man. They sparkled with irritation and a badly hidden threat.

Reinhard was unfazed but that and simply took out his phone, tapping on the display a few times before putting the device onto Zendala's desk. The female warlock raised and eyebrow but looked at the device anyway. It showed a picture of two boys. Both were rather young, very handsome, one with black hair and one with blond but something was wrong with the blond boy's eyes. They glowed in a weird orange tone and seemed to pierce through someone's soul.

"My niece Lilian and her hunter friends have been snooping around her hometown, Yellow Wood a lot the last weeks. If you believe Lilian she only wants to find a class ten male winged beast she believes to be an angel-demon mixed blood but there is no evidence for that. Still she has been investigating a lot of people to reach her goal. Most of the people she talked with were in her age and she came across those two very special ones", the hunter explained and gestured to the phone with the picture of the two boys.

Zendala slowly showed a smile. "Well look at this", she mused and took the phone into her hand to get a better look at the picture of the blond boy with the strange eyes. "I haven't seen a pure blood kitsune in twenty years and by the looks of it the other boy is also some kind of supernatural creature", Zendala said, grinning. she put the phone back onto her desk, focusing her attention on Reinhard.

"When was this picture taken?", she asked Reinhard. "Three weeks ago. My niece hasn't really seen those two ever since, which was why the topic of the two only came to my attention now. Apparently they took cover or something like that", the hunter answered.

The blue-haired woman nodded, almost looking a bit disappointed when she handed Reinhard his phone. "But that wasn't it, right?", she questioned and leaned back a little. She looked directly into Reinhard's eyes like she was trying to read him.

"Yes. According to my niece it's every hard to decipher supernatural creature from humans without using special tricks but over the course of her research she has created a theory that the supernatural creatures began training and preparing to fight against us", Reinhard explained while stuffing his phone back into a pocket of his pants. Zendala raised an eyebrow. "Why would she think they started training?", she asked, folding her hands on her lap.