Who Are You

Shigaraki and Dabi immediately stood up, upon seeing me enter the room.

"Well!?!" Shigaraki asked, excitedly waiting for me to tell him what I saw in the teacher's lounge.

....that I never went to.

I was quiet for a moment, debating on what I should do.

I slowly looked from Dabi to Shigaraki, seeing their anticipated faces. My whole reason for being at the school tonight, was to sneak into that teacher's lounge. Not to hang out with Kirishima.

If they found out I never did my job, I would be in huge trouble.

"I....didn't see anything when I snuck into the teacher's lounge." I lied.

Shigaraki immediately let out an angry yell of frustration, before slamming his hand on the wall.

Dabi and I watched wordlessly, as that part of the wall decayed in a matter of seconds.

"I did my best." I reasoned, trying to keep the lie going.

"You know what!? No. I don't believe you!" Shigaraki yelled, waving his finger at me like a little kid.

Shit!? He didn't believe me! He knew I didn't really go to the teacher's lounge!? He saw through my lie.

I was about to speak up, when Shigaraki spoke again.

"I mean come on, Margo! You clearly didn't look hard enough, while you were in there!!" Shigaraki spat at me, scratching his neck anxiously.

I internally sighed in relief at his words.

Thank goodness, he still believes I went to the teacher's lounge. He just thinks I slacked off in there.

But, this gave me a perfect opportunity...

"You know what? Maybe you're right. I probably didn't look hard enough. I'll go back tomorrow—just to double check everything." I quickly said, tossing my UA school blazer on the table.

"Are you sure you're even competent enough to do that?" Shigaraki scoffed in a patronizing tone.

"Shigaraki. Lay off. She did her best." Dabi suddenly called out absentmindedly, scrolling through his phone.

Shigaraki whipped his head around at Dabi now.

"Why are you always defending her!? She barely does anything around here! I'm considering firing her actually!" Shigaraki exclaimed, waving his hands around dramatically.

"I defend her, because I'm basically the one who brought her here. I feel responsible for her." Dabi stated casually, stretching his arms over his head.

I furrowed my brows in annoyance at Dabi now.

"You think I'm a responsibility? That's no reason to keep me here. Maybe it's better if I leave—" I started saying, before Dabi quickly cut me off.

"No, Margo. I didn't mean it like that. Anyways Shigaraki, Margo never would have joined the league of villains had it not been for me. You should be happy. She's got a really good quirk." Dabi reassured.

"If she ever uses it." Shigaraki muttered irritatedly.

"I used it a few days ago. On one of the students." I counteracted, trying to save my ass a little.

Sure, I didn't mean to hurt Bakugou with my quirk, that day...but Shigaraki didn't need to know that part.

"Good. Keep using it. What's the agenda at UA tomorrow?" Shigaraki asked, a little more satisfied now, knowing that I finally used my quirk.