Make It Yours

"I am not hanging that up in my room." I stated to Eijirou matter of factly, placing a hand on my hip.

"What? Why?! Oh come on, Margo. It looks so cool!" Eijirou desperately reassured.

"A clock, with flexing arms on both sides, is not cool! It's so boyish." I replied, gently shooing away the idea.

Eijirou groaned in annoyance, begrudgingly removing the clock from my wall.

"Fine. But it's your loss." He mumbled, in a pouting tone.

"That's a loss I can live with." I retorted teasingly, amused by his pout.

"Okay, well what ideas were you thinking for this room? It's plain right now. We've gotta spice it up a little. Add some of your personality into it, you know?" He explained, gesturing to my plain white walls.

"Hmm. I don't really know how to do that. I've never actually had my own room before. This whole thing is all new to me!" I exclaimed, feeling excited that this room was all mine.

It's true. I mean, for the most part. Nyūshin labs provided me with a room, but I always thought of it more as a prison cell.

"Well, then we've gotta make this the best, first room you'll ever have." Eijirou grinned in determination, slowly walking around my empty room to get ideas.

"Knock, knock!" Mina announced, knocking on my open door.

"Mina!" I exclaimed, running over to her.

I hadn't seen her, or any of the other students in three weeks.

I was genuinely so happy to see everybody.

Mina squealed as she threw her arms around me, jumping up and down in our hug.

"Finally you're back! Mr. Aizawa said you had a concussion from the nasty villains that attacked us in the forest. But, you were out for three weeks?!? You shouldn't be in the hospital for that long." Mina remarked worriedly, waiting for answers.

"O-Oh. Yeah. Um...I had a sprained wrist, too." I lied, quickly trying to make up another excuse.

Mina raised her eyebrows in confusion now.

"Margo, you're tough. There's no way you should have been in the hospital for a sprained wrist. I thought you would have been back at school quickly, with something like that." Mina said, not fully understanding why I was "in the hospital" for three weeks.

Sure, Mina. Let me just tell you the real reason why I've been gone for three weeks. Not.

"Uh....well, um...you see—" I started stalling, my mind drawing a blank on what to say next.

Eijirou quickly came up next to me, stepping into the conversation.

"Hey Mina, don't hound her with so many questions! Margo's been through a lot..." Eijirou started out, pausing slightly to think of an excuse.

"The real reason Margo's been gone for three weeks......is because she was extremely traumatized by the villain attack in the forest. I know this because her and I have been keeping in contact, while she's been gone. She went home to spend time with her...uh, 'brother,' in order to recover. Mentally recover." Eijirou explained cautiously, making up the lie as he went along.

I weakly nodded in agreement with his story, shooting Mina a nervous smile.

Her demeanor immediately changed upon hearing Eijirou's story.

"Aww, Margo!! Why didn't you just say so!? I'm so sorry for pressuring you with questions!" Mina cried, throwing herself into my arms for another hug.

I hugged her back, feeling slightly guilty.

I didn't like lying to her. And I didn't want Eijirou to have to lie to our friends, either.

I just wish Mina and everyone else could know the truth.

Frankly, I am getting tired of being undercover. I'm sick of the lies.

I just want to be...me.

"It's okay, Mina. I was just embarrassed...I guess." I mumbled halfheartedly, wanting the lies to stop as soon as possible.

"We'll just forget about it." Mina whispered dismissively, before breaking away from our hug to check out my room.

"For now, let's do something about this drabby room, yeah? U-Unless you like it like this. Then....I love it!" Mina cheered, trying to be supportive.

"No, I'd definitely like to remodel it. I'm just not sure what to do with it." I shrugged, plopping forward onto my bed.

Mina was about to speak again, before her eyes turned to the wall behind me.

She took one look at it, before she began busting out laughing.

"Hah!! What's with that stupid clock!? That's so boyish!" She cackled, collapsing to the ground in pure laughter.

"Hey, hey! Not 'boyish'. It's manly, thank you very much." Eijirou defended, crossing his arms firmly.

I whipped my head around at the clock....that Eijirou was supposed to take down.

I lightly shot him a glare, causing him to smile at me sheepishly.

"Really...you put the clock back up. Did ya think I wouldn't notice?" I asked teasingly, an amused smile playing on my face.

Eijirou shrugged, before looking up at the clock in admiration.

"Nah

"Nah. I figured it'd just grow on you." He grinned, sauntering over to my bed.

"No. Nope. Don't try to butter me up now." I called out, as he plopped onto the bed with me, pulling me into his arms.

"No, no!! It's already been decided. You like the clock. I just know it." He reassured teasingly, playfully placing kisses on my neck.

I couldn't stop my laughing now, as I began wrestling with him on the bed.

Eijirou laughed with me, before looking up at Mina.

"What are you doing over there?" He asked her curiously.

I craned my neck to look over at Mina, who currently had her phone pointed at us.

"Are you recording this?!" I chuckled in confusion.

"Yeah, duh! I'm waiting for you guys to have sex, so I can leak your sex tape for blackmail." Mina shrugged, causing Eijirou and I to simultaneously groan at her words.

"Mina, that's so unmanly of you." Eijirou muttered dismissively, going to remove the clock from my wall for a second time.

"Kirishima, you can't just go around telling girls to be manly." Mina groaned.

I smiled, as I listened to Eijirou and Mina start arguing with each other lightly.

I'm so glad to be back at UA.