Unshackled Spirit

Eijirou immediately opened his eyes at my words, looking at me in dazed disbelief.

"What did you say?" He asked quietly, trailing his eyes over my face.

I chuckled softly at his cluelessness, deciding to go all in with this moment

"I said....I love you, Eijirou. I've loved you for awhile, actually. I just never worked up the courage to tell you." I stated clearly, averting my gaze to the ground.

Eijirou was about to speak, before I did first.

I just needed to get all of my feelings out, lay everything on the table.

"For as long as I can remember....I didn't feel like I was allowed to love. You know, the only other people I ever loved were my parents, and they abandoned me. Scientist A ingrained into my head, every day for ten years, that people like him and I weren't deserving of love. He told me we weren't allowed to love. Scientist B said no one could ever love a monster like me. Dabi said I was meant to be a villain." I started out, beginning to slightly lose confidence in my decision to profess my feelings to him.

I quickly shook it off, forcing myself to continue.

"And you know...maybe all of those things are true. Maybe, I'm not deserving of love, and maybe you don't love me back.....and that's okay. But, you know what? That doesn't stop me from loving you, anyways. I've spent ten years running away from my feelings, ten years locking away all of my emotions into an air tight container." I breathed out quietly, forcing myself to lift my gaze from the floor.

I looked up at Eijirou's eyes, seeing him already looking at me. He was focused on me, taking in every, single word.

"I can't lock my feelings away anymore. I don't want to. Especially, when it comes to you. Because you've opened something inside of me, Eijirou. You've made me want to feel again. I don't feel like a monster when I'm with you. I feel like....a human being. I feel like a good person, like I can do anything in the world. That's just one of the many reasons why I love you." I finished, feeling a smile automatically light up my face, as I talked about my love for Eijirou.

He smiled at me ever so softly, as he took in my words.

After a moment, he gently grabbed both sides of my face with his hands.

"God, I love you too Margo. So, so much."
He whispered out, lightly caressing my face now.

I sighed softly at his touch, not daring to speak another word just yet.

"Margo...I don't care about your past. I mean, I do care about it...and I want nothing more than to erase it from your memory, and make you forget all of the pain you felt for so many years. But, I guess what I'm trying to say, is that knowing your past doesn't make me think you're a monster. It doesn't make me hate you, and it certainly doesn't make me love you any less." He stated, continuing to touch my face as he spoke again.