Secret Obsession

I felt my heart pounding out of my chest, as I walked down the dark, yakuza house hallway with one of Overhaul's men.

I'm so nervous. But, I shouldn't be, right? Nighteye and Aizawa have a plan, and all Eijirou and I have to do is stick to it.

Everything will be fine, Margo. Calm down.

I checked the time on my watch, seeing it was a few minutes to 4 in the morning.

In three hours, the heroes would be here to retrieve Eri. I needed to try and get her to my side in that time, in order to minimize my chances of getting caught....by both the heroes and the villains.

Shit, I was seriously trailing on very thin ice with my chances at life.

"He's in there." Overhaul's henchman muttered to me, gesturing to the closed door, before briskly walking away.

My eyes slowly trailed to the door, hesitating to open it.

I grit my teeth as I thought of little Eri, before forcing myself to knock.

"Come in." Overhaul muttered from the other side of the door.

I slowly opened the door, entering the room to see Overhaul leaning against the wall. He was alone.

He lazily turned his head towards me, giving me a bored glare.

"Margo. I'm very pleased you could make it. I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you to come here on such short notice. I'm sure you understand that I would have had no problem rescheduling." Overhaul said lowly, his eyes darkening slightly at his words.

Well, we all know that he would have definitely had a problem if I tried to reschedule.

I cleared my throat, leaning against the door. I was trying to stay as far away from him as possible.

"I understand that." I simply mumbled, not wanting to kiss his ass too much.

He walked over to me now, putting his beaked mask right up to my face.

"Good. Now, follow me." He said quietly, placing his hand on my shoulder and lightly pushing me away from the door, so he could open it.

Alarm bells were going off in my head, telling me not to follow him.

But, what if he was leading me to Eri? I had to at least see for myself.

I swallowed my nerves and fears, quickly trailing behind him as we walked down the hallway now.

Overhaul and I walked in silence for a moment, giving me some time to take in my surroundings.

"So, I'm sure you're wondering why you're here today. Well, I'll explain. You see, the heroes.....those monsters....are starting to get suspicious of me..." Overhaul started off, lightly rolling his eyes in annoyance.

Yeah, for good reason. You psychopath.

"Really? That's weird. You're not a suspicious guy at all, I don't know what they're thinking." I shrugged, looking around the dark, depressing hallway.

"I'd like to believe so, too. But....I still have a feeling they will be here soon. They'll want answers to their questions, and I just can't have them impeding on my work. You understand this, yes?" Overhaul asked me casually, turning the corner of the hallway.

His work? He must be talking about Eri. I need to try and get him to spill the beans.

"Of course, of course. So....what kind of work are you doing? I'm sure you're aware that you can trust me with your secrets, otherwise you wouldn't have called me here." I reasoned, feeling droplets of cold sweat starting to form on my neck.