Just Say It

Eijirou POV:

"Eijirou Kirishima means nothing to me. He's nothing more than a pawn in my game at UA." Margo called out effortlessly, over the speakers of the projector.

Even though I knew her statement was fake, my heart twinged in pain, hearing the words come out of her mouth.

I swallowed thickly, running a hand through my hair, as I blankly stared down at the table.

I felt Mirio nudge me lightly in the side, leaning in close to me now.

"Hey. Cheer up. She doesn't mean it. She's just trying to save herself." He whispered, trying to be as positive as possible.

I nodded softly, rubbing the back of my neck anxiously as I looked up at the giant projector screen.

Margo was sitting next to Toga on the couch, trying to persuade her that she was still on the side of the league of villains.

"I know." I mumbled back to Mirio absentmindedly, watching Toga's movements carefully.

I didn't want her to get Margo with another surprise attack.

"Dude, that girl loves you. Anyone with eyes can see that. The way she looks at you....I mean, man. I want a girl to look at me that way. I'm jealous." He chuckled softly, looking up at the screen with me.

I thought about Mirio's words, wondering if they were true.

Did Margo really love me?

I don't know if she does. Especially not after what I said to her a few days ago, during our fight:

"How do you know this isn't all just a big set up to either get you killed, or thrown in prison?! You were a villain, after all! It wouldn't surprise me that you have enemies!" I yelled, walking over to Margo.

I internally cringed when I watched her face contort into anger, realizing I probably said the wrong thing.

"Yeah, I'm aware I was a villain. Thanks for the fucking reminder." She spat out at me, clearly hurt by what I just said.

.....

"Just forget about this, and leave it to the heroes. Please." I pleaded out, wanting her to see my point of view.

I was so worried about her. Why couldn't she see it!??

"Are you kidding me? Leave it to the heroes? Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know this was hero work only." She called out, looking at me in pure disbelief.

Damn it, no!! I didn't mean the heroes would be more capable. I'm trying to take care of you!!

"That's not what I meant. I'm just saying let someone else take care of this—" I started saying, before she cut me off.

"Is that supposed to sound better than your previous statement!? 'Stand by and watch, while someone else risks their life instead?' Those are some interesting words, hero in training!" She called out in anger.

Our fight was stupid. I know that.

The whole time we were arguing, she kept looking at me in pure confusion, wondering why I was trying so hard to stop her from going on this mission.

It was clear she thought I would have understood why she was doing this.

I knew what she was thinking. How could I tell her to stay back and watch, while I'm training to be a hero? How could I tell her to do something that I wouldn't even do, myself?