I'll Be Watching

My eyes flew open at the sound of my alarm clock going off.

I groaned softly, slamming my hand down on the off button, before lazily sitting up in my bed.

I sighed tiredly, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Today was the day I go back to the league of villains, and I was definitely less than thrilled about it.

But, what I was even less thrilled about was the fact that Eijirou and I haven't spoken to each other since our fight, from a few days ago.

It's not that we've necessarily been avoiding each other. UA life is busy. But, we definitely haven't been making much of an effort to seek each other out either.

Anyways, I needed to focus on the task at hand. I chose to go through with this job. I needed my head to be in the game. Any distractions on my part could get me killed.

I forced myself out of the bed, quickly washing my face and brushing my teeth.

Next, came my alter ego. I stood in front of my small mirror, meticulously placing all the piercings back in my ears and face.

I couldn't help but reminisce on the time Dabi took me to get them:

"The first step to becoming someone new is changing your look. Don't worry, we'll get you out of this drabby hospital gown, too." Dabi said, sitting me down in the piercing chair.

I looked up at him in curiosity, as he shot me a small smile.

"You're not at that shitty lab place, anymore. Change yourself. Reinvent yourself. Make sure no one recognizes you." He said lowly, a small smirk plastered on his face as he nodded to the piercer to get started.

I applied the dark makeup to my eyes, preparing for when I needed to put my mask on, before sliding on my black bodysuit and fingerless gloves.

I quickly attached the deadly weapons, daggers, and bombs to my body, before lacing up my boots and tying up my hair.

I walked over to the mirror, sighing in shame as I looked at the person staring back at me.

I didn't even recognize her anymore.

But, I needed to do this. I had the opportunity to save someone. While I don't exactly know who it is I'll be saving, knowing I'll do it at some point is enough for me.

I took one last look at myself, before grabbing the burner phone and heading over to my last meeting with Aizawa and Nighteye.

Here goes nothing, I guess.

.......

I mentally cursed myself as I began running down the hallway now, realizing I was late for this stupid meeting.

I thought that getting a good breakfast in was priority today, over Sir Nighteye's demands. Sorry not sorry.

I quickly threw open the door to the conference room, expecting to see Aizawa and Sir Nighteye...and I did...

....along with twenty other people.

My eyes visibly widened in pure shock, as I let out a gasp of panicked surprise at the situation.

All eyes were on me now, especially since I was late to this meeting. Which is apparently much more important than I thought.

Eijirou and Mirio were here, along with a bunch of famous heroes. Everyone was sitting at a giant conference table, with Sir Nighteye standing at the front of the room.