Bare

I began slowly backing away, about to sprint out of his sight.

Eijirou's eyes widened, as he noticed. "WAIT—don't run! Seriously. I don't want to fight you right now. I-I just have....questions. Can we talk?" He called out, cautiously walking slightly closer to me.

I kept my guard up, letting him walk a little closer.

I can't manipulate his hearing. My quirk doesn't work on him for some reason. If I speak, he'll recognize me.

I simply shook my head no, not knowing what I was even trying to convey.

Eijirou furrowed his brows in concentration at my action. "No? 'No' as in...you won't answer any of my questions. Or 'no' as in....you don't want to talk?" He asked carefully, not coming any closer.

I simply shrugged my shoulders in response, not wanting to completely blow him off.

Even though I really should...

"Hmm. Or 'no' as in...you can't speak?" He asked again, raising his brow in curiosity.

Technically, that's true.

I hesitantly nodded my head 'yes' now, letting Eijirou know he was right.

His eyes lit up subtly, happy that he finally got an answer out of me.

"Alright..." he started out, walking slightly closer to me.

I continued watching him, waiting for him to speak again.

"You've fought me a few times now. At the USJ, and then again at the school...right?" Eijirou asked, giving out a test question.

I nodded 'yes' in response, wishing he would come closer.

But, I know he can't.

"At the USJ....you knocked me out. When I regained consciousness, my wounds were all patched up. Someone had provided me first aid. Was....was that you?" He questioned softly, looking directly into my eyes.

It felt like he was looking past my mask.

I thought about how to respond, before I sighed softly, giving in to his curiosity.

I gently nodded my head 'yes', letting him know it was me.

I heard him gasp slightly in response. He's the one who suggested the question, yet he was still shocked by my answer.

"W-Why!?" He asked eagerly now.

I simply held my hands up in response, not speaking.

"Oh right. You can't speak. Um...okay. You saved me again. At the school. You broke in, and I confronted you. A giant blue flame shot out at me, when you were trying to escape. You saved me again, didn't you? By pushing me out of the way?" Eijirou asked quickly.

I nodded 'yes' again, causing his eyes to widen in shock.

"I was in my hardened state at that time! D-Didn't you injure your hands from touching me!?" He questioned in disbelief.

I shook my head, letting him know I did injure my hands.

He looked at me for awhile, not knowing what to say.

"I don't understand..." he finally breathed out, staring at me in curiosity.

I involuntarily started walking closer to him, before abruptly stopping, remembering he doesn't technically know it's me in this villain costume.