Can you?

"Heroes were patrolling the black market you went to?" Dabi asked, removing his jacket that was now covered with ash.

"Yeah. That's why I couldn't get the Nomu serum for Shigaraki." I lied, watching Dabi collapse in exhaustion on the couch.

If he knew I was really with Kirishima this whole time, he would probably kill him.

"Fine. We'll need to try again. Just not tonight. I'm beat." Dabi groaned.

"Yeah. Me too." I whispered, sitting next to him on the couch.

Dabi was quiet for a moment, before he lazily turned his head towards me.

"You know, I was worried about you." He mumbled softly.

I furrowed my brows, looking over at him. "You don't need to be." I said.

I felt Dabi shift closer to me, making my body tense slightly.

"I do. I promised you I would take care of you." He whispered, remembering the day we met.

His normally cold, turquoise orbs, looked at me with a subtle softness, making me a little surprised.

Dabi has never looked at me that way before. Or at least, I never noticed it.

"I appreciate that. But, I'm not the same girl you found in the alleyway that day. I'm different now." I mumbled.

Dabi sighed softly, taking in my words.

"Different. Yeah, you're different." He uttered.

I gasped when I felt Dabi's hand slide over to mine, squeezing it softly.

I swallowed thickly, looking at him in question.

"You're stronger. You're powerful. Just like I said you'd be." Dabi said, pulling me closer to him by my hand.

Admittedly, my mind immediately drifted to Kirishima.

Why am I thinking about Kirishima at a time like this?

Dabi's hands felt different than Kirishima's. Dabi's were cold and rough. Kirishima's hands were warm and comforting. Even when he was trying to be soft, Dabi's eyes were empty and full of somberness. Kirishima's eyes were full of life and hope. Dabi made me feel powerful, yet conflicted. Kirishima made me feel powerful and confident.

I turned my attention back to Dabi now, not being ready for what came next.

He quickly leaned in close to my face, causing me to jump back slightly.

However, I wasn't able to move very far, as I felt my back hit the arm of the couch.

Dabi leaned in close to me again, resting both of his hands on either side of me.

"Hey, it's okay. I would never hurt you." He mumbled quietly.

This was going south very quickly.

"Dabi, wait a minute—" I started saying, when the feeling of his lips against mine abruptly cut off my words.

My eyes widened in pure shock, as he kissed me, feeling his stitched lips trying to mesh with mine.

No.

This isn't what I want.

There's someone else who just won't leave my mind.

Kirishima.

I couldn't stop thinking about Kirishima. I wanted it to be his lips on mine right now.

I wanted him, not Dabi.