Elevated Stress

I nodded, before outstretching my arm to make Dabi feel weak.

I watched as his face slightly contorted into confusion, trying to get a tighter hold on Bakugou now.

I let out a shaky gasp, as I felt my body immediately being drained of energy.

Eijirou's arms quickly tightened around me, sensing that I was becoming weaker.

"I got you, Margo. I won't let you go." He whispered in my ear, planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

Bakugou's eyes lit up, feeling Dabi's hold on him start to loosen.

I took a steady breath, as I felt myself becoming weaker by the second.

Dabi grit his teeth in exertion, trying to hold onto Bakugou.

I fell forward now, feeling Eijirou catch me and pull me into his body.

"Okay, Margo, stop now. It's alright." Eijirou whispered in my ear, rubbing soft circles on my back.

I rested my head in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent of fresh clothes, mixed with the woodsy smell of the forest.

"N-No. just a little more—"

"Margo. Turn off your quirk. You're hurting yourself." Eijirou breathed out, holding my body tighter against him.

I heard Dabi start calling out profanities now.

"C-Compress. I can't—" Dabi started saying, before a bunch of yelling, shouting and scuffling immediately filled the air.

"BAKUGOU! OVER HERE!! COME ON!!" Todoroki screamed, signaling that Bakugou broke free from Dabi's arms.

I quickly turned off my quirk, letting my shaky hand fall to the mossy, cool ground.

"Are you okay?" Eijirou whispered, hoisting my body up to look at him.

I smiled weakly at him, as I wrapped my arm around his neck to steady myself.

"Yeah. I just need a second for the weakness to dissipate." I breathed out, holding onto him tightly.

Eijirou nodded, still holding my body securely against his.

I felt him continue rubbing soft, comforting circles on my back, as we watched the chaos unfolding a few feet in front of us

"DAMN IT!!! COMPRESS, GRAB HIM NOW!!!" Dabi screamed in fury.

I felt myself shiver slightly from his tone of voice. He was very, very angry.

I really hope he didn't know it was me who manipulated his senses.

Compress threw one of his marbles at Bakugou, trying to contain him.

Bakugou quickly dodged, starting to sprint away with the rest of the UA boys.