𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

Taehyung rubbed at his chest. The ache passing through him every second of every minute. Now he had no idea what was happening to him then again when was he ever sure of what was happening to him? "What's happening?!" Taehyung asked his father who sat right next to him. Shaking his head, Korain couldn't give an answer. "I don't know Taehyung. I don't know." He breathed out, rubbing Taehyung's back.

By the time they got to the trail, Seokjin explained how he had to park a little ways away due to not wanting to be suspicious or anything by parking at the side of the road. Nodding, Korain took Taehyung himself and hurried into the woods before a car could pass by. The closer Taehyung seemed to get, the pain of the ache calmed and was able to focus on the path he was walking through with his father.

On god he hated how long the walk was. Even walking their fastest and it felt like it was their slowest. Eventually though, they reached the pack grounds and were met by one of the guarding werewolves that took one glance at Korain and were letting him pass, getting down on their hind legs in a bowing manner before Korain walked onto the grounds with Taehyung.

"Wonho!" Korain yelled out, his voice deeper and louder than ever as he did so. The word traveled fast considering how small the pack was. Well— not small but not huge either. Just like that, Wonho was running towards the boy hanging onto Korain's shoulder. No words were shared but Wonho understood why Taehyung was there. Removing himself from Korain, Taehyung hurried towards the house.

Opening the door, Taehyung got down onto his knees at the side of Jungkook's bed. The heartache was still there but it was tolerable now. Looking down at the male, Taehyung couldn't believe his eyes. You could see the cheekbones, dark circles and pale as ever skin. The small brittle bones and dry purple lips with blood stains, probably from biting his lips.

Taehyung breathed out shakily, his eyes swelling with tears. This is what he did to Jungkook. He caused so much pain and he didn't even realize it. "J-Jungkook?" Taehyung's voice broke as he raised his hand to caress the dry skin. For a moment it didn't even feel like Taehyung was touching Jungkook. It was a body that was cold and that was all he felt. Which made his heart break just a little bit more.

Pulling the blanket up and over Jungkook, Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand and held his hand. "Jungkook.. hey, i'm here. Please, please open your eyes." Taehyung whispered to the boy, wiping his tears as he moved a little closer. Not one budge came from Jungkook. Biting his lip harshly, Taehyung screwed his eyes shut and looked down as the tears started to flow.

"Don't.. cry." A very dry whispery voice was heard. Breathing in sharply, Taehyung looked up to Jungkook who still had his eyes closed. For a moment he thought his head was messing with him until Jungkook opened his eyes. There was no facial expression but the way Taehyung felt just staring into those eyes made him know that Jungkook was indeed very happy.

And Taehyung was right. Feeling like it was a dream for a moment. Jungkook listened and by the time he felt the warmth in his hand. He knew that it wasn't a dream. The cries broke his little acceptance of dying and finally, after god knows how many days, he spoke. Though the moment he opened his eyes, he swore he fell in love all over again seeing the boy in front of him.

The warmth wrapped over them both. The butterfly feeling with the sudden spark between them. "K-Knew... you'd.. come back." Jungkook whispered out slowly, his lips cracking a small yet visible smile. Breathing out a chuckle, Taehyung cupped Jungkook's cheek and pressed his forehead against Jungkook's. Just like that, they both felt complete.

Hours later, Jungkook was being helped back onto the bed. After having a proper meal made by Taehyung, a bath helped by his brother and his room cleaned by Seokjin, he was laid back down and was looking better than before. Taehyung got onto the bed and laid himself next to Jungkook who sighed out of relief, having the boy next to him. Jungkook didn't speak much but his actions did.

Jungkook started to randomly kiss Taehyung's cheek, nuzzle his nose against Taehyung's neck and nudge Taehyung to move closer since Jungkook couldn't do much from being so weak. "I really am your guardian angel huh?" Taehyung whispered to Jungkook who had his eyes closed. Pushing his bangs aside, Taehyung placed a kiss on Jungkook's forehead. The same small visible smile cracking from Jungkook.

"My... guardian angel." Jungkook nuzzled closer to Taehyung who ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair. "All yours." Taehyung whispered back to Jungkook who closed his eyes. After months of being restless, Jungkook was finally able to rest the way that was comforting. Next to the boy he loved so very much.

Meanwhile, Korain stood in front of everyone around the house of Jungkook's. Firstly, he didn't think of what would happen when he brought Taehyung to the pack grounds and now he was surrounded by everyone he once knew and new faces. Of course now the people he did know were older with grandchildren too.

Korain turned to Wonho who was waiting for Korain to speak but got the message that he should probably speak first. Clearing his throat, Wonho stepped forward. "I know.. you all must have questions and I will answer them. One by one. To get the one very obvious question out of the way. Yes, this is Kim Korain, the former alpha mated with Kim Youra."

"But alpha! it was told that alpha Korain died in the attack of his sons birth!" One voice was heard. Everyone agreed on that statement and Korain sighed as he stepped forward, watching Wonho try settle everyone that was speaking all at once. Raising his hand and putting them down to lower the voices which worked, Korain looked at everyone that he could look at.

"You were all told that they didn't find the body of my son nor did anyone find the body of mine. The night of the attack, my mate.. the mother of our child, Youra told me to take our son to a safe place. I had a duty to be here with you all the night of the attack but my duty as a father was far more needed. So I left with my son, to the city and started my new life there."

The crowd was silent, in a shock of the story. Most people there in tears because they lost parents in that attack that night as well. The memory of their parents fighting off the rogues that wanted the son of the luna and alpha. Some being beyond mad but the others had understanding on why Korain did what he did. Because in all honesty, they would have done the same thing.

Any parent or at least some parents would do anything to keep their pup safe and that is what Korain did. Even sacrificed his life on the pack grounds to make sure his son was safe every step of the way with another family. "The moment my son was born and the minute I lost my mate I had to make a decision. I made sure my son was safe and he was- is my priority. So I hid his identity of what he truly is."

Korain stopped talking for a moment to look at everyones expressions. There was hurt, some in awe, some just plain blank. "I'm very sorry for who you lost that night and if you went through that night without me. I became a father that night as well and I did anything in my power to keep my son safe, even if it meant losing everyones trust here." Korain spoke, his voice gentle yet every word really touched most people around.