The Prank War: Scene 1

ACT I

(GRIAN wanders on stage, admiring the scenery. Until he sees MUMBO JUMBO standing still. Grian runs up to him and waves in his face)

Grian: Mumbo? Earth to Mumbo? Mumbo? Mumbo!!!

(Grian shakes Mumbo's shoulders, but Mumbo remains still. Grian gasps in realization)

Grian: He must be away from keyboard! Of course! We're above his super cool creeper farm. (notices chest) Oh- what's this?

(Grian rummages through Mumbo's chest)

Grian: Mumbo put his stuff into a chest. So that if he dies, he won't lose his stuff. Smart Mumbo.

(Grian pulls out trident)

Grian: What's this? Oh, it's the trident I gave you the other day. Y'know... I kept on going on and on 'bout how good of a deed that was. How much of a kind, generous, and caring thing it was... well, I have to mess with him now! There's no such thing as a free lunch!

(Grian takes out communicator)

Cub: Grian says: Hey, Iskall. Meet me at Mumbo's creeper farm.

GrianMumbo jumbo you are afk

in that box secluded the whole day

Mumbo, Mumbo, Mumbo afk

I'm gonna take that mustache away!

(ISKALL85 enters with shulker box in hand)

Iskall: You called?

Grian: Hey, Iskall you got the materials?

Iskall: A shulker box of obsidian. Is Mumbo completely out of it?

Grian: I gotta say, he's wholly AFK

We're near his creeper farm, it's time to play

Mumbo, Mumbo, Mumbo AFK

I'm gonna take that mustache away!

Iskall: Again?

Grian: One day!

Mumbo, Mumbo, Mumbo

Away from keyboard!

Convex: He's gonna start a civil war!

Grian (to Iskall:) You thinking what I'm thinking?

Iskall: We trap Mumbo...

Grian: ...inside an obsidian box...

Iskall: ...without a pickaxe...

Grian: ...and force him to....

Both: ...punch his way out!

Grian: Oh, Iskall, my Swedish friend, the planets have aligned! And it's time to pull a prank on Mr. Mumbo Jumbo.

(Iskall begins building an obsidian box around Mumbo)

Grian: (pulling out head and pants) A curse of binding Grian head and a curse of binding Iskallium trousers! Mumbo won't be able to take them off until he dies!

(They forcefully put the trousers and head on Mumbo. They snicker)

Iskall (light-heartedly:) What is wrong with you?

Grian (chuckling:) Many, many things...

(They exit)

(Mumbo snaps awake)

(He feels the box around him, attempting to push it open, but to no avail. He checks the box under him. Mumbo pulls out a trident. He looks at the tag attached to it. Mumbo awes)

Mumbo (quietly:) The Fork of Friendship... from Grian.... I would be giving a thousand thanks if they hadn't trapped me inside an obsidian box. I've genuinely lost count of how many times Grian has pranked me while I was AFK. It's a routine at this point, innit? But I wouldn't trade it for the world. (sigh) Time to get punching...