The Prank War: Scene 13

(Impulse enters)

Impulse: Hmm, what's this in front of my base? 'The Hall of Atonement', hmmm.

(Impulse enters the Hall of Atonement's first room. This room depicts armor stands wielding stone swords. Joe is there, covered in a white bedsheet, like a ghost)

Joe: Welcome, Mr. SV, to the attempted murder room! As you can see here, murder is wrong! Failure is also undesirable! Don't murder or fail ever again!

Impulse: Is this about the Queen Mary? I mean... I guess I did fail. We set out to kill Cleo but we killed Grian. And I did murder somebody.

Joe: You must close your eyes and apologize to proceed!

Impulse: Alright.

(As Impulse covers his eyes, the room changes around him. Armor stands depict Impulse throwing potions at Cleo)

Impulse: I'm sorry for failing at my attempt to kill Cleo and accidentally killing Grian.

(Impulse uncovers his eyes)

Joe: Welcome to the don't poison people room! Don't poison! Poisons are like toxins with bad intentions.

Impulse: Yeah... we did put a LOT of poison in that prank.

(Impulse covers eyes. The room changes. Armor stands depict Impulse stabbing Cleo in the back)

Impulse: I apologize for deploying dangerous poison in a joking way.

(Impulse uncovers eyes)

Joe: Welcome to the room of betrayal! Tomorrow's future, today! 100% of true friendships don't end in betrayal. Be a true friend to all.

Impulse: Okay! I'm friendly- (sees armor stands) Oh, I guess I'm literally stabbing Cleo in the back... That's morbid.

Joe: Don't kill people who've helped you!

Impulse: Yeah, you're right. Cleo helped me fix iTrade when a creeper blew it up. And I instead I tried to kill her.

(Impulse covers eyes. Room changes. Armor stands with phantom heads)

Impulse: I apologize for betraying my friend who helped me.

(Impulse uncovers eyes)

Joe: Welcome to the room of respect for the dead and their realms. Stranding ghosts between the physical and spirit worlds is bad. We had a lot of fun today, but disturbing graves is forbidden. Summoning a ship of the dead from the depths disturbs the graves.

Impulse: That's right. We summoned a pirate ship from the dead. I guess getting half-way resurrected can be annoying.

Joe: Do you accept responsibility for all the damages to the restful dead?

Impulse: I do.

Joe: Do you apologize for running a spectral vessel aground?

Impulse: I do.

Joe: Do you regret attempting to kill Cleo?

Impulse: I mean... she's a pretty chill girl. The only reason I was roped into all of this was because Ren told me to. And all she did was change a sign. So yes, I regret.

Joe (faintly to himself:) Yes!

Impulse: I'm really surprised this prank didn't kill me. Cleo did a really good job at the armor stands and you did a really good job on the signs, Joe.

Joe: Thanks- wait, how did you know it was me?

Impulse: You're kidding! This has Joe written all over it. It has your charm.

Joe: My charm also includes not being murdered.

Impulse: What?

Joe: What?

Impulse: What?

Joe: I'll see you on the other side of the war, Impulse.

(Joe exits)