The Civil War: Scene 7

(Outside in the Shopping District. Mumbo enters)

Mumbo: So Grian told me that the first clue is in False's fish shop... Ah, we're already here.

(Mumbo steps inside the fish tank. He grabs a random fish, looking for the clue)

(False enters)

False: Uh, hey Mumbo.

Mumbo: Oh! Uh, hello False.

False: What are you doing?

Mumbo: Shopping for fish.

False: You know, you're not supposed to step inside the tank.

Mumbo: I knew that.

False: Are you sure?

Mumbo: (getting out of tank) Yeah...

False: Alright...

(False exits)

(Mumbo sighs in relief. He picks up the fish with the clue)

Mumbo: Ah, here it is! (reading) Press button behind castle... ex-two. Press button behind castle... times two. Press button behind castle number two?  Where in the shopping district are two castles? I see one castle over there!

(Mumbo goes to castle and presses a button. The fake instructions pop out. He reads the fake instructions)

Mumbo: Ah! That's easy enough. I think I can get it done in a day or at least a few hours.

(Mumbo gets redstone supplies)

Scar: So, Mumbo Jumbo did the fake instructions. He spent valuable time designing it in his creative redstone world. What do you expect from a living spoon?

Mumbo: To tell Grian that I did his instructions, I'll spend hours making a morse code redstone lamp that we'll never use again!

(Mumbo curries off with redstone supplies)

Cub: What a spoon!

(Grian enters and sees morse code lamp)

Grian: What on earth is this? Is this morse code? Time to spend 20 minutes decoding it. (pulls out pen and paper and deciphers) It spells "Done." Wait- he wasn't actually supposed to do the instructions! Oh no, he didn't press the button twice! The real instructions are still there. Mumbo, you spoon!

The only reasonable thing to do now is to build a giant sign in front of his base that spells "Did you press the button twice?" (places sign, big) since spelling it out for him is the only way to get it through that head of his. Now, I wait.

(Mumbo enters)

Grian: Mumbo.

Mumbo: ...Yes?

Grian: (nudging to big sign) Did you press the button twice?

Mumbo: Not yet... But I'm going to head to the castle-

Grian: It doesn't matter. Here, have the book.

(Mumbo takes book and reads it)

Mumbo: Ah... I did the wrong orders.

Grian: Well yeah! Not to be rude, but you've been quite a useless mole this entire war...

Mumbo: It seems like nothing has been going my way this season! I even tried to audition to play Etho but the Convex told me 'You have to play yourself' and 'You can't have a dancing role since you have two left feet' and now I have to re-experience my uselessness in this performance. So yes, you can say that again. 

Grian: You're a useless mole.

Mumbo: Hey, that kinda hurt that time... Well YOU'RE the one who roped me into all of this!

Grian: Because me and Iskall thought you'd be useful in smuggling information! Unless... you're working as a REAL double spy!

Mumbo: What?! No!! I'm not a double spy! I'm a triple spy! I'm still on the G-Team!

Grian: Are you sure?

Mumbo: (hesitates) Yes? Star knows that I told the G-Team about me confessing to being a mole but still think I'm working for them. Am I a quadruple spy? A quintuple spy? A sextuple spy? An infinituple spy?

Grian: Well, the fact that you're gaining their trust is all that matters. Trust is key. You NEED to gain their trust. Even if that means attacking us with them, do it. If that means making stuff for them, do it. But we need our man in the inside when it counts. Say, we need some sort of... code word. A code word that you can text in chat that tells the G-Team that an attack is happening. Something inconspicuous. Do you have a word in mind?

Mumbo: Uh.... bananas.

Grian: Bananas?

Mumbo: Bananas.

Grian: Alright. And when you text it, you can just say you were checking for lag or something. Only text it once, you got that?

Mumbo: Uh, yeah. Got it.

Grian: Alright.... (to himself, under breath) I should've gotten Stress to be our mole.

Mumbo: (nervously chuckling) You have no faith in me. I can feel it in the air.

Grian: Yeah....

Mumbo: I'll do my very best. Bye, Grian.

Grian: Goodbye, molebo gumbo.

(Both exit opposite sides)