The Prank War: Scene 7

(Outside Impulse's cliffside base. Cleo enters with a half-asleep Joe)

Joe: Hey... Why'd you have to wake me up... so early....? And why are we in front of Impulse's base...?

Cleo: Because I found out who made the ghost ship!

Joe: The... Stock Exchange. Ren and Doc. Y'know, those guys... (yawn)

Cleo: Yeah! And... Well, you should freshen yourself up.

(Cleo splashes Joe with a bucket of water)

Joe: Okay, okay! I am FRESHENED. What do you need me for?

Cleo: Turns out that Impulse. Yes, Impulse, helped Ren and Doc make the Queen Mary ghost ship.

Joe: Impulse? As in... SV? ImpulseSV?

Cleo: Yeah! I mean, it makes sense. The scale of the Dirty Molly is a three-man job. I'm just so surprised that Impulse, out of all people, would help plot to kill me! ImpulseSV!!! The man that constantly sounds like he's smiling when talking.

Joe: And why do you need me here?

Cleo: Because I need your help. I need someone to make the prank weird. And that's always you.

Joe: Fair point.

Cleo: But the thing is, they didn't prank me. This sign was found on the ghost ship. (takes out sign)

Joe (reading sign:) 'Grian! This way for your treasure."

Cleo: Someone's pranked Grian. Well, technically Ren, Doc, and Impulse pranked me. But I didn't get here in time. Grian's been pranked in my stead. And Grian got killed! Like, dude, they were going to murder me! They built a death chamber right in my base! I changed ONE sign!

Joe: Obviously, I think we should talk to them directly and try to understand the causes of this conflict. Since there seems to be a lot of misunderstandings and-

Cleo: OR what we could do instead is prank them.

Joe (half-sarcastically:) ...That's almost like talking to them directly. As long as we're expressing through our prank the kind of conversational nature of what we're trying to achieve. What do you think?

Cleo: Yes! Well, based on that thought, I'm thinking giant hall of atonement.

Joe: Hall of Atonement... Hmm... Okay, I'm listening.

Cleo: Okay, well. To be honest, I'm most disappointed in Impulse. And I feel like he should acknowledge his sins.

Joe: Does the 'SV' in ImpulseSV stand for 'sin very bad'?

Cleo: It's what it SHOULD be. So, shall we build his Hall of Atonement?

Joe: Let's go.

Cub: Cleo and Joe construct the Hall of Atonement in the cliffside of Impulse's base. The Hall of Atonement is divided into 4 rooms, each with their own lessons and morals. iJevin comes along and helps as well, albeit briefly.

Joe: I think it's done! Well, I'm gonna take a nap. Bye Cleo!

Cleo: Bye Joe!

(Joe exits)

(Grian enters)

Cleo: Oh, hi Grian!

Grian: What's all of this?

Cleo: Me and Joe made a hall of atonement for Impulse. It's to teach him a moral lesson.

Grian: (pointing to the water elevator exit) And what's this?

Cleo: It's where Impulse is supposed to come out after he's gone through the hall.

Grian: It just... shoots him out?

Cleo: Yeah...

Grian: He comes out unscathed? Really? I mean, come on! They killed me, Cleo! And they tried to kill you!

Cleo: You got a point... Gosh, how could I be so stupid? Of course we should trap it! 

Grian: (takes out lava bucket) I have a lava bucket on me.

Cleo: Erhmm.... I know Joe wouldn't agree to this... But I do...... Just do it and don't tell Joe!!!

Grian: What Joe Hills doesn't know can't hurt him. 

(Grian pours lava over the exit)

(Both exit)