The Civil War: Scene 15

(Outside the Star Team base)

Grian: So, here is it. We just need to get across that moat. Here goes nothing. (jumps in)

(Mumbo jumps in after him. Magma blocks drag them down. They scream and struggle to swim across)

Mumbo: Grian, help!

(Scar comes onstage and looks at the struggling Mumbo and Grian, teasingly)

Scar: You two look like you're having some trouble. Would you like me to throw down some enderpearls? You can pay later.

Grian: (trying to get head above water) We don't need (gurgles) ConCorp's help!

Scar: Suit yourself.

(Scar exits)

Mumbo: Why didn't you bring any enderpearls?!!

Grian: Enderpearls are expensive! The G-Team's broke!

(Grian gets to the team Star side after lots of struggling. Mumbo swims back to shore)

Mumbo: I'm gonna bridge across with cobblestone.

Grian (out of breath:) Probably a smarter option.

(They face Team Star's front door, which is a normal wooden door)

Grian: So, here is it. Let me just... (opens door) take a peek...

(Grian sees what's inside. He immediately slams the door)

Mumbo: What's inside there?!

Grian: Lots of darkness, staircases, and phantoms. You know the moving staircases in Hogwarts? It's like that but much uglier.

Mumbo: The phantom part is new for me. We can kill a few of them off from here.

(They shoot phantoms)

Mumbo: There's so many of them!

Grian: Just run in! Get lower ground!

(They dash inside, swatting phantoms that try to attack them. Everything is chaos. They finally get to lower ground to catch their breath)

Grian: Whew! That was close! I'm literally on half a heart-

(A phantoms swoops down and kills Grian)

Mumbo: No!!!

Grian: Dagnabbit! (dies)

(Grian's items fall off the stairs and scatters around the labyrinth)

Scar: (removing a life from the G-Team's life-wall) Grian was slain by silenced.

(Grian re-enters the labyrinth and runs back to Mumbo)

Mumbo: I'm trying to get your stuff, but they're scattered everywhere!

Grian: We'll deal with my stuff later. Right now, we have to deal with finding a flag.

Mumbo: I know the flags are put in the lower rooms. They have to be here, somewhere!

(They search for the room)

Grian: I think I found something. (peeks) There's a flag! I see a flag!

(They go in. Suddenly, gravel falls from the ceiling. Grian and Mumbo scream until they suffocate)

Scar: Grian suffocated in a wall. Mumbo Jumbo tried to swim in lava.

Grian: What? Mumbo, how did you die from lava?

Mumbo: I survived falling gravel, but didn't survive the falling lava.

Grian: That means all our stuff was burned too!

Mumbo: Do you have any food?

Grian: I got an entire stack of raw cod we can share.

Mumbo: Of course. (takes fish and eats it)

(They go back in the labyrinth, swatting phantoms. They run back to the flag room. They stand from a safe distance)

Grian: Mumbo, analysis. Explain how this works.

Mumbo: Ah, I see. So, you see that redstone ore on the ground? It detected us when we were standing there and activated the trap.

Grian: The hole to the flag is too small for someone to walk in. How are supposed to get in there while avoiding the redstone ore?

Mumbo: Enderpearls?

Grian: I'm broke.

Mumbo: Hmm... Hey, Grian. You're smaller than me, right?

Grian: Yeah.

Mumbo: Bet you can't do a somersault through that hole.

Grian: Wait- really? Bet?

Mumbo: Bet. You gotta do it from here, though.

Grian: Bet? Bet?

Mumbo: Bet. Bet.

Grian: I'll show ya- (does somersault through hole, missing the redstone ore)

Mumbo: You did it!

Grian: Whew! (takes flag) Mumbo, take this!

(Grian carefully hands the flag through hole. Mumbo takes the flag. Grian cautiously gets out)

Mumbo: We did it! We did it! We got the first flag!

Grian: Now... (both look up) How do we get out?

(Blackout)

Scar: 1 hour later.

(Lights)

Grian: We finally made it back to the G-Team base!

Mumbo: I feel like my legs are gonna fall off!

(Grian happily displays the flag in the G-Team base)

Grian: We died 3 times. And False and Doc died 3 times. That makes us even!

Scar: Not for long.