The Civil War: Scene 19

(A large ConCorp poster is unraveled and hung onstage. Both teams gather at the center of the battlefield)

Tango: (entering) Looks like we won, guys!

Impulse: But you didn't do anything.

Tango: My work here is done. (dramatically exits)

Ren (to Mumbo:) Y'know, Mumbo, you look nice in sunglasses. Can I...?

Mumbo: (giving Ren his sunglasses) No problem.

Ren: (puts sunglasses on) Woah, maybe I should get myself a pair. Cause I look much better with these.

Iskall (butting in:) Do you know what else Mumbo looks better with???

Hermits: What?

Iskall: A moustache! (hands Mumbo his mustache)

(Mumbo puts his mustache on)

Hermits: (collective sigh of relief) (overlapped) Oh thank god / thank goodness / never take off your mustache again / you look much better with your mustache / that's my Mumbo!

Doc: Well, Grian, your team has won the war fair and square. But even though you won, doesn't mean we lost. Because we beat you with Hermitgang, Hermitgang,

Doc (and other Star Team members joining in:) Hermitgang, Hermitgang, Hermitgang, Hermitgang!

Grian: GG, Star team. GG.

Star Team: GG, G-Team.

Grian: Oh, also, by the way, I left the diamonds in a chest in the stock exchange. It's under a carpet.

Doc: But we checked. The diamonds aren't there. It was an empty chest.

(Behind Grian and Doc, Scar sneaks across the stage with big bag labeled "$". He is wearing a jester's hat)

Grian: Wait... if you don't have the diamonds. And I don't have the diamonds. Then who...

(Spotlight on Scar. He freezes)

Everyone: ConCorp!

Scar: N-No! It definitely WASN'T ConCorp trying to stir drama for the war! It was me! The Jangler! (runs off, back to Cub)

Doc (to Grian and Ren:) We'll deal with him later.

Grian: Well, Doc. This was really, really fun. And at the end of the day, I believe we can both agree on one thing.

Doc: Definitely.

(The two shake hands)

Grian & Doc: We both hate ConCorp!

Cub & Scar: (standing up, surprised) What?!

Cub: That... That isn't on the script! (flipping through script) You're supposed to say something like 'The real prank was the friends we made along the way' or something like that!

Doc: Scar, Cub, we love you. But for the entire war, you guys have been profiting off of us!

Grian: While we've been doing all the work!

Xisuma: You also wrote an entire play about the Prank War and forced us to act in it. As you can see demonstrated here.

(Two hermits, one from G-Team and other from Star, bring Cub and Scar to downstage. The Convex's hands are held behind their back)

Scar: Come on, guys! It's just a few stacks of diamond blocks!

Cub: I spent 2 whole days making this entire theater and this is how you treat me?

(Grian holds Scar's hands behind Scar's back. Doc does the same with Cub)

(Grian and Doc do a handshake with their free hand, signifying their friendship)

Scar: What are you-

(Grian and Doc simultaneously stab Scar and Cub, killing them)

Xisuma: Now THIS is what I call a happy ending.

Joe: (entering) Looks like the real prank was the friends we made along the way.

(Everyone but Grian, Iskall, and Mumbo exit. Cub and Scar are dragged offstage)