Chapter 10

Akira's P. O. V:

Lucy, Happy, Momo and I have made it back to the village. We stand amid the gathered tribe.

I tell the villagers in a serious voice, one arm held outward, "Listen up! The people who've placed the curse on you are planning to attack the village!"

A man with dark maroon skin asks, "And they'll come down to the village to fight us...?"

Lucy says as I drop my arm, "Yeah, but I've gotta plan! Capture them and lock them up until they tell us how to change you back!"

I glance at Lucy as murmurs break out amongst the crowd and say, "I highly doubt that we'll get any answers from them that easily anytime soon, Lucy."

"I don't know..." murmurs a civilian.

"Do you think it'll work...?"

"It can't hurt to try..."

"Only thing is," Happy states as Lucy places a hand on her chin thoughtfully, "I'm pretty sure those three are wizards. They're gonna be hard to catch."

"They may not look it," Momo says, "but I'm sure that they're formidable to an extent. So, we shouldn't underestimate them."

I nod my agreement. "Momo's right. If we hope to capture them, and they turn out to be wizards, our trap needs to be strong enough to hold them."

Lucy says, "You're right, and you three are the only ones we've got right now. Well, good luck!"

My, Happy's and Momo's eyes jerk into wide animated white triangles in surprise. Gasping, Happy exclaims, "Last time I checked, you're a wizard, too!"

I cross my arms as I frown and say, "Yeah! Don't you have all those powerhouse spirits at your command? Surely you can summon one of them to help fight the enemy."

Lucy gasps as she claps her hands together once, "I just had a brilliant idea!"

Happy utters worriedly, "Nothing good can come of this!"

"What are you all doing out here?!" We look to see Chief Moka approach, his cane in his hand.

"Chief!" Greets a male civilian.

I say to the Chief, "We don't have much time! The enemy's gonna attack any second, now!"

"Enemy...?"

"The ones responsible for the curse that transformed your people!" I say as I throw an arm at the people behind me. "They've been hiding out in the old temple in the jungle!"

"I DON'T CARE WHO'S IN THE TEMPLE!!" The Chief yells. "WHY HAVEN'T YOU DESTROYED THE MOON?!?!"

Lucy and I gasp as we jump, startled b the Chief's sudden shout.

Lucy says, waving her hands about, "Well, you see, it wasn't the moon that did this to you, exactly, but now we know who did."

"YOU LIE!!" Moka denies strongly. "DO WHAT I ASKED OF YOU!!"

A blue skinned man and a green skinned man grabs hold of both the Chief's arms, holding him back from attacking us. The blue skinned man says to Moka, "Chief, please! You have to calm down."