Chapter 61

Pic above is the mayor of Gardenia, Arthur Rosenberg—->)

Akira's P. O. V:

We soon make it to the town of Gardenia. When we get there, we see that some buildings are already destroyed from the monster's attack. "Okay. We need to find the mayor's office," Nanami states.

Erza approaches a young man and demands, "Excuse me. Can you tell us where we can find the mayor?"

The man pauses and gives Erza the directions to the mayor's office. She nods her head gratefully.

"Thank you, Sir."

We head to the mayor's office, following the directions the man had given Erza. When we get there, we're led into the mayor's office, which is very spacious and has a few tall bookshelves along the walls.

"Welcome," A man's voice says, causing us to turn. Sitting behind a desk is a tall, lean man with red hair and amber eyes. He wears a fancy red and black suit. "I take it you're the wizards who accepted the job request I sent out, about the monster?"

We nod as we stand before the desk; I stand beside Nanami, Erza and Momo.

"My name is Arthur Rosenberg. About the monster, we don't know where it came from, but after it suddenly appeared, it just started attacking us," Arthur explains. "Unfortunately, there have been several casualties. I do not wish to endanger these people's lives any longer—nor anyone else's. I want you to kill the monster—by whatever mean's necessary."

"We will, Mayor Arthur," I say firmly. I was determined to defeat this monster and save these people. "My teammates and I will do whatever it takes."

Gratitude shines in the red haired man's eyes as he replies, "Thank you."

We nod, and head to the nearest hotel, where we drop off our luggage. We return to the village and start making plans. Wendy asks, "So, how do we find this giant three headed snake?"

Lucy glances at me as she asks, "Akira-chan, can you sense its vibration anywhere?"

I activate my Amber Earth Sense spell. A massive vibration is heading toward us. I open my mouth to reply, but before I could, a loud roar splits the air. The civilians immediately start screaming, and we whirl around. There, crashing through the streets, is a giant three headed snake, hissing and flicking its three tongues in and out.

"It's huge!!" Momo screams as her eyes pop in disbelief.

"Uh, that's what 'giant' means, Momo," Lucy retorts.

Sweat dropping, the pink furred feline mumbles, "Yeah. I knew that."

"