Chapter 57

Akira's P. O. V:

We return to Rei's hideout at sunset the next day. After introducing Loki to everyone, I'd given him a Communication Crystal. My comrades and I enter the cave. It was pitch black inside.

"Ugh, great! It's so dark; I can't see a thing in front of me," Natsu complains.

I say sarcastically, "Oh, no! Poor Natsu-kun!" I feel him sweat drop.

"Heh. Sorry."

"Just give me a second..." I trail off as I hold my hands out. "Crystal Magic: Luminous." A few small crystals appear, hovering in the air, and they immediately light up, illuminating the cave. I drop my arms. Grandfather smiles proudly.

"These crystals will light up any dark room," I explain. They'll follow you wherever you go."

"Wow! You're so cool, Aki-chan!" Natsu compliments. I smirk at him.

"I know. Okay." I turn to face my comrades. "Grandfather, Erza, Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Momo, Vivienne, Loki and Nanami, you're with me; the rest of you are to round up the remaining bandits." They all nod.

We split up and a single glowing crystal follows us. I focus my Amber Earth Sense spell on finding Rei's vibration. We head down a tunnel that splits off to the left side of the rocky wall. After several more minutes of walking, the glowing crystal lights up a doorway ahead.

I narrow my eyes as I announce, "In there. Prepare yourselves." My teammates give their own response as we near the entrance. We enter the cave to see Rei standing in the middle of it, smiling slyly.

"It's over, Rei. I'm giving you one last chance to surrender," I state, as my teammates stand on either side of me.

"Unfortunately, I have no plans to surrender."

I create a Crystal Katana, and launch myself at the dark haired woman. A clang rings out as she blocks my attack with one of her Crystal Blades. When I pull back, Erza rushes in, wearing her Blackwing Armour. Erza slashes her sword at Rei but the Crystal Magic user manages to block and parry her attacks.

"Fire Dragon: Roar!" Erza and I leap out of the way in time to avoid Natsu's breath attack. Rei smirks.

"Crystal Magic: Crystal Shield." Rei forms a shield of crystal in the form of a flower. The flames slam into it, and Rei smirks at the Dragon Slayer. "You cannot defeat me. My Crystal Magic is the strongest and most beautiful!" Rei declares.

Nanami appears behind Rei and throws out her hand while saying, "Water Magic: Water Whip!" A whip of water lashes out at Rei. The flames die down and the dark haired woman dodges.

"Water Magic: Ice Spears," Grandfather says, before he thrusts his arm downward. Spears of ice shoot out of a blue magic circle and fly at Rei. She simply creates her shield again and deflects the ice spears.

"Crystal Magic: Growing Cherry Tree Sapling!" I slam my palm on the floor and spikes of crystal rapidly grow towards Rei. She giggles as she easily dodged them, weaving about the branches. When Rei leaps backwards into the air, I throw out both my arms as I say, "Crystal Magic: Hexagonal Snowflake: Wild Dance!"

Rei creates two Crystal Blades and easily deflects the snowflakes. Rei lands just as Erza requips into her Lightning Empress Armour. Spinning her spear in hand, Erza shoots a powerful blast of lightning at Rei. Rei creates a shield of electricity through her Topaz Magic, easily blocking the blast.

"Crystal Magic: Crystal Spikes," Rei says, slamming her head on the floor. Our eyes widen in surprise. I manage to leap backwards to avoid the sharp spikes of jade crystal that shoot out of the ground toward me.