Chapter 32

Third Person's P. O. V:

"Max vs Warren: the winner is Warren," Happy reads aloud from the purple writing above them. "Veejiter vs Nab: the winner is Nab. Laki defeats four others. Macao vs Wakaba: in progress..."

Master is trembling with rage as Happy reads the scoreboard. He demands furiously, "Foolish children!! What do they think they're doing?!"

Happy says seriously, "They really don't have any choice but to fight each other. Those Enchantments are hidden all over town, so they're impossible to avoid. It's just like Laxus said: The Battle of Fairy Tail."

Makarov and Akira grit their teeth as they glare, their clenched fists trembling in anger. Much to Akira's, Makarov's, Natsu's, Happy's and Momo's dismay, the fighting amongst their guild mates has continued. So far, no one has encountered the Thunder Legion members.

Natsu steps forward and utters in confusion, "But, why?! It doesn't make sense!" He squeezes his eyes shut as he grits his teeth and clenches his fists. We gaze at him with soft expressions.

"Natsu..." Happy murmurs.

'It seems as though he finally understands what's happening now,' Akira thinks.

Natsu throws himself at the barrier and snaps frustratedly as he glares, "I wanna fight, too!!"

Makarov, Happy, Momo and Akira shout incredulously, their eyes wide, "IS THAT ALL?!"

Her right eye twitches violently as she thinks in annoyance, 'Clearly, he doesn't understand!'

"Oh, man, you suck! Go away, invisible wall!" The pinkette pulls away from the barrier and pants heavily.

Makarov enlarges his right hand and smacks Natsu in the head. He demands in a flustered tone, "Why do you want to fight your friends?!"

Turning to him, Natsu exclaims, "'Cause it's a tournament to see who's the strongest!!"

"This is not a tournament!!" The old man crosses his arms as he turns away from Natsu. "It's nothing but a trap; Laxus is playing you like a bunch of pawns." Makarov and the crystal mage gaze solemnly at the stone girls. "If we can't beat the Thunder Legion in time, the girls are going to be smashed to pieces. I know that everyone's trying to keep that from happening, but they're going about it in the wrong way! If we keep fighting amongst ourselves, then the girls are as good as finished. We can't let Laxus win."

"Come on, Gramps!" They glance up to Natsu as he grins and steps forward. "You don't seriously think he'd hurt 'em, do you? I know he can be a real pain sometimes, but he's still one of us! This is obviously a bluff!"

"You think so...?"

Natsu grunts as he throws himself against the wall again, There's a fighting festival going on out there!! Why do I gotta be stuck in this dump?!?!"

Happy says as he and Momo fly in and out of the wall, and Akira steps in and out of it, "Beats me! Momo-chan, Aki-chan and I could go through it just fine!"

Natsu exclaims in disbelief, clutching the sides of his head as his eyes turn into angry white triangles, "DOES THIS MEAN, I'M OVER EIGHTY AND NO ONE EVER TOLD ME?!? 'CAUSE, I'D KNOW IF I WAS A STONE STATUE, RIGHT?!"

The blonde haired, pink eyed beauty says in feigned disappointment as she puts her hands on her hips, "And here I thought we knew each other, Natsu-kun!"

He then suddenly glances at her and grips her shoulders as he shouts in Akira's face, "Aki-chaaannn...!! Why are you still here?! You're not an old lady; why aren't you fighting in the tournament?!"