Chapter 60

Akira's P. O. V:

We leave the house not long after that and start making our way toward the guild hall. I walk in between Erza, Nanami, Momo and Vivienne. I glance over at Lucy and Natsu. They were walking beside each other. Upon seeing this, an idea hits me, and I struggle to contain my giggle.

I turn to Nanami and whisper in her ear my idea. She glances at Natsu and Lucy, and nods her head in agreement. We pause, and I start the song.

"Akira—There you see her
Sitting there across the way"

Lucy and Natsu blink their eyes a few times and they and everyone else look at me in surprise; the others also pause.

"She don't got a lot to say
But there's something about her"

"Wh... What are you doing, Aki-chan?!" Lucy asks in confusion, her brown eyes wide.

"And you don't know why
But you're dying to try
You wanna kiss the girl"

Everyone's eyes jerk wide, and Natsu and Lucy glance at each other. The celestial wizard's face begins turning a deep shade of red.

"Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do
Possible she wants you too
There is one way to ask her
It don't take a word
Not a single word
Go on and kiss the girl"

"St... Stop singing, Akira! Please!" Lucy asks, flustered.

But I ignore her request and just keep singing.

"Sha la la la la la
My oh my
Look like the boy too shy
Ain't gonna kiss the girl
Sha la la la la la
Ain't that sad?
Ain't it a shame?
Too bad, he gonna miss the girl"

Here, Nanami's voice gets low and seductive.

"Nanami—Now's your moment
Floating in a blue lagoon

"Not you too, Nanami!" Lucy exclaims, even as Natsu steps closer to her, as though caught in a trance. Lucy tenses, but doesn't move away.

"Boy you better do it soon
No time will be better
She don't say a word
And she won't say a word
Until you kiss the girl
Sha la la la la la
Don't be scared
You got the mood prepared
Go on and kiss the girl"

Natsu starts to lean in and close his eyes. Lucy remains standing there, her own eyes closing. They're actually going to do it! They're finally going to kiss!!

Both—Sha la la la la la
Don't stop now
Don't try to hide it how
You want to kiss the girl
Sha la la la la la
Float along
And listen to the song
The song say kiss the girl"

Natsu's lips were just about to connect to Lucy's. Wendy is tense as her face is a deep shade of red, while the others just stare in surprise.

"Sha la la la la
The music play
Do what the music say
You got to kiss the girl
You've got to kiss the girl
You wanna kiss the girl
You've gotta kiss the girl
Go on and kiss the girl"

The song ends and I watch with intense excitement as Natsu's lips hover above Lucy's, both their eyes closed.

It's actually going to happen!!

However, Lucy's eyes snap open at that exact moment, and she gasps sharply with shock. She snatches a snickering Happy from the ground and uses him as a living shield to block Natsu's lips. Happy's snickering is instantly cut off upon contact as his own dark eyes jerk wide with disbelief. This causes Natsu's eyes to snap open and widen as well.

Lucy mutters in a flustered tone, "Sorry, but I'm not ready to be kissed yet!"

Natsu jerks back and Happy immediately slaps his paws over his mouth, his face looking as though he'd just eaten something sour. "Guh!! My lips...! They've been poisoned!" The blue furred cat states in a horrified voice.