Chapter 58

Akira's P. O. V:

My dark pink magical aura flares around me, causing the ground and the air to shake violently, my gaze partially hidden by my bangs as I glare at Rei.

"Whoa...! There's so much magic power!" Lucy screams in shock.

"This is bad!" Nanami says anxiously. "This same thing happened the night our parents were killed. If this keeps up, Akira could end up crystallising all of us! We have to calm her down!"

I feel Natsu glaring toward me, but I also feel more worry coming from him than fear.

"You're gonna pay for everything you've done, Rei Suzuki!" I growl furiously, feeling magic power surge through my body. My magical aura vanishes, and everything stops shaking. I disappear, using my enhanced speed, and reappear in front of Rei, my left arm pulled back and my fist clenched.

I launch my arm forward and my fist connects with Rei's face. She's sent flying backwards until her back hits a wall; the impact leaves a crater. Rei drops out of the wall, groaning as she lands on her feet.

"You little brat—!" Rei begins, and starts to fire more lightning at me. This time, I used my Sparkling Shield spell to block the attacks.

"Crystal Magic: Crystal Pillar!" A pillar of rose quartz crystal erupts from the ground beside the dark haired woman. It slams into her side, and sends Rei screaming, cutting off her assault. Rei tumbled along the ground until she finally stops. "Crystal Magic: Crystal Dragon!"

A dragon made out of crystal is formed and flies straight for Rei.

"Crystal Magic: Crystal Dragon," Rei calls, mirroring my technique. Her own Crystal Dragon is formed and circles about my own before clamping its maw around the neck of my dragon.

Gritting my teeth in frustration, I place my hand on the ground and create another dragon. It roads as it speeds for Rei's. My second dragon slams its head against Rei's dragon's side, knocking it away. My first dragon was free. It follows after the second and they both manage to destroy Rei's Crystal Dragon.

Rei slams her hand on the ground and sends Crystal Spikes in my direction. I summon pure silver lightning to my left hand and blast the spikes apart. Rei grits her teeth in frustration.

"Why won't you just die already?!" Rei screeches as she shoots lightning at me again. I simply block it with my Sparkling Shield spell.

I hold my left arm up and say, "Crystal Magic: Raining Shards!" Countless shards of crystal rain down upon Rei from above. They pierce her, but then Rei's body shatters.

I quickly activate my Amber Earth Sense spell and feel her vibration right behind me. I whirl around when I hear electricity cracking next to me. Lightning slams into my stomach, and I scream. Rei cuts off her attack and smirks down at me just as I start hunching over. Rei holds out her right hand, and my eyes jerk wide when spikes of crystal protrude from my stomach.

"Argh...!" I scream. Rei flicks her hand again, and more spikes grow out of my left hand and upper arm.

I collapse, groaning as I clutch my arm. I feel for my comrades' vibrations. They'd spread out a bit, but I could feel Erza's, Nanami's Lucy's and Natsu's vibrations closer to me.

"Akira!" Erza exclaims worriedly. She throws back the bandit she's fighting with a grunt of exertion, and races over to me. Red appears in my vision as Erza gently pulls me into her arms. I flicker my pink eyes up to her face. "Hang in there—someone will heal you," She says pleadingly.

I gaze up at Erza's face. Gosh, she's beautiful. I'd always thought that, even back when I was so closed off from everyone. With Erza's armour, and the situation I'm in, I almost feel like she might be my knight in shining armour...