Chapter 3: Richie Rich

Yoongi POV:

The look on her face was priceless. Even with her face screwed up in disgust she was still adorable. It almost made me laugh out loud. She got tired of the scene, apparently, when I see her walk out. I had the urge to get up and follow her, but I made myself stay put.

I can't be acting like a puppy around her. I reminded myself that I didn't want her getting too close, and purposefully spending time around her would make that happen. I was confused as to why my body seemed to want that anyway, when I knew better. I chalked it up to just being a horny guy, but deep down I knew it was more than that. Her loud and sarcastic confidence seemed to rub me the wrong way, but somehow, I was still drawn to her. How can a girl be annoying yet appealing as fuck at the same time?

The day was winding down as I made my way to the Mixed Media class. She was already there, sitting in her middle seat. My eyes met hers briefly, and she had an unreadable expression on her face.

I sat in the back as usual, in the same seat as yesterday. The teacher took attendance and then reminded us that we should have met up with our partner to schedule time to get started on the project. I strummed my fingers nervously on the desk, knowing the day was almost up and I had to give Y/N an answer.

My mind worked quickly, trying to find some way out of having to spend time with her outside of school, but I couldn't think of anything. I knew that I couldn't really ask the instructor to let me do the project on my own, even though I knew I was capable.

I had been dabbling in creating music for a while now, writing my own lyrics and music, and learning about music production. I had a feeling that I could compose my own song, if given the time to do so.

The class ended and I saw Y/N stand and walk out. I was glad she didn't try to approach me again as I wasn't ready to talk to her yet. I went to my last class and when it was done, I headed out to my car. When I walked to the parking lot I saw her leaning against her sedan, staring down at her phone. Her head jerked up as I walked past, but then I slowed and turned, knowing I needed to avoid trying to run away and deal with this.

"You want to come over? I have an idea for the project and I need to know what you can do. I don't want to fuck this up", I said to her, not making eye contact but staring straight ahead at the sea of cars. From my peripheral vision I could see her body shifting back and forth as she thought to herself.

"What about my car? Should I just follow you then", she asked.

"That's fine," I said, heading to my car.

I hear her open her driver's door and then hear her melodic voice travel the lot as I reach my car. "Okay but don't try anything, Mister. I'm not the type of girl to put out on the first date!"

I inwardly groan at this, halting next to my car as I squeeze my eyes shut in annoyance. What have I gotten myself into?

Y/N POV:

I chuckle to myself as I get in the car, putting my phone into the holder on the dash. "Google, call Mom." She didn't answer of course, since she's still at work, but I left her a message saying I was going over to a friend's house to work on a project for class and that I would be home hopefully by dinner at 6pm. I then sent a text quick to Hailey to let her know I had plans, and she had to call her mom to pick her up since she hadn'tmade it out yet.

I see Yoongi pull out of his parking space and I start my car and follow, wondering where he lived. We ended up driving to the outskirts of town and I became more and more puzzled. Where the hell did this guy live? In the next town over?

About 5 minutes later we pull into a gated community, and it dawned on me that we were driving into the richy rich neighborhood. The neighborhood that I used to go to every year for Halloween when I was a kid. Granted, Hailey and I had to jump the fence in order to get in, but it was always worth it based on the full-sized candy they handed out.