Chapter 18: Fit For A Princess Part 2

Y/N POV:

What I saw blew me away. It was a huge room, with row after row of clothing on racks. Immediately to her left was a control panel, and by touching a few buttons she made the racks move, allowing the clothing to spin past as she searched for certain clothing. The rows weren't in just straight lines, but more like a winding road.

(A/N.... think of it like a giant room with a mechanical clothing rack in the middle, the clothing rack in the shape of a long, tightly wound road up/down/up/down)

"What size are you dear," she asked., entering information into the keyboard and looking at the small screen at the inventory.

"Oh, um I am size ____________," I said. I must have had a look on my face because she gave me one back of reassurance.

"No worries, dear. We will have your size. You have a lovely figure, and if any dress you find that you love is not perfect for you, I will have it tailored for you," she said.

I was blown away at her kindness, at her willingness to let me, who was pretty much a stranger, come into her home and select dresses from her personal inventory for an event at her home. "Wow, thank you so much, Ma'am. I don't know what to say."

"Ahh, there. I have found what we want," she exclaimed, selecting a row of clothing and then hitting some buttons on the control panel, which made the clothing whirl past us in a rainbow of colors. I saw men's suits, dresses, dress shirts, and more pass by. The clothing started to slow, and then finally stopped.

"Come, Y/N, to the fitting area where your dresses will be," she said, walking forward and then more to the right as we went around a rack of dresses. We kept walking, passing rack after rack of clothing and then turned slightly to the right and I saw a row of tables and chairs, full length mirrors, and fitting rooms against the wall. A portion of the clothing rack there was illuminated, and it was all ball gowns in various colors.

His mother went to the rack of clothing, pulling a dress out that was in a clear protective bag. It was a dark blue long dress with sequins, a heart shaped bust, and spaghetti straps. She unzipped the dress and turned it towards me, laying the dress over her arm. "Do you like this color, Y/N? We have many dresses in many colors. I want you to look at them and pick out whatever you want to try on. Ooh we should have Lil come, and have the tailor stop by as well. This will be so much fun," she said, clapping her small hands excitedly.

I took the dress from her, saying it was lovely and I would try it on. I made my way to the dressing rooms in the far corner of the room as she moved to a phone located on a small side table near one of the chairs, calling Lil and asking her to ring the tailor and when she arrived, for the both of them to come to the Clothing Closet.

The dressing room was a good size, about 10 foot by 10 foot square, with full length mirrors on 3 sides and two stools with a small side table. I hung up the dress and stepped out of my clothing, folding it all neatly on the little table. I pulled the ballgown out of the protective bag and pulled it off the hanger, holding it up for me to inspect. Oh my gosh it was beautiful. The sequins were actually tiny gems, maybe crystals? There were thousands of them, and the shimmered as I moved my hand behind the dress. I bet the dress cost thousands of dollars. I unzipped the back, letting the dress fall gently on the plush carpet as I stepped into it. I pulled the dress up, sliding the straps up and over my shoulders. It was pretty snug across my chest as it was obviously made for someone with a smaller bust. I turned and saw I wouldn't be able to zip it up. Just then I heard a knock on the door.

"Y/N Miss? I can come in and help you, yes," his mother suggested. I agreed and she opened the door, seeing me in the dress. The dress brushed the floor, and was about 4 inches too long. It had a small train that billowed out behind me. "Ahhh Y/N you look so lovely, and in the first dress you tried on," she exclaimed, coming over to zip me up. It was a little difficult, the bottom of the zipper starting under my butt where my hips were. That area was the biggest part of me, and she had to pull the dress closed with one hand as she pulled the zipper hard to get it to move up. The dress itself was not stiff, and it gave way, stretching over my form as she zipped it up. She folded over a panel of fabric that hid the zipper, and smoothed the back of the dress down.