Chapter 54: Sunglasses Girl and a World of Hurt

A/N: I'm back, bitches. Enjoy this chapter - it's gonna get dicey from here on out. 

------------------

Yoongi POV:

It was nearing Thanksgiving and it was going to be my first Thanksgiving with Y/N. We were going strong again, and she was over at my apartment almost every day after school.

On Wednesdays I went with her to her counseling appointment even though I wasn't allowed inside. I was happy to wait outside in the waiting room – whatever gave her the sense that she had that extra support. Sometimes she would come out and she was fine, like nothing happened. Other times she would come out and be an emotional mess – and then it took her several days to get back to normal.

It was Friday, November 22nd now and I was on my way to the food pantry and homeless shelter. The school wasn't informed by the company that I wasn't working there anymore, and I chose not to tell them. I knew Dongin would do the absolute bare minimum, and so I wanted to make sure things were taken care of. I had been coming the last couple of weeks on Friday, and everything was I expected – Dongin wasn't doing much of anything and the paperwork was getting backed up. Not to mention that one of the workers, Manuel, got hurt on the job and he was denied workmans comp and was still trying to work with the back injury. If he didn't work his family would starve.

I pulled into the parking lot around back just as one of the food trucks was backing into the loading dock. I see Manuel first, a back brace on as he began to pull pallets off the truck.

"Hey! Put that down right now," I yelled to him, causing him to jump as he looked around. "You know you're not supposed to be doing any heavy lifting!"

Manuel ignored me and kept trying to move the pallets in place on the jack, so I went over and pulled the control out of his hand.

"Go sit your ass down, I'll do this and you can write down the inventory data as it gets sorted," I said.

Manuel glared at me but did as he was told, a loud groan coming from him as he sat on the ledge of the loading dock with the clipboard in hand.

I quickly used my strength to get the pallets in place on the jack, then used the controls to move them down the ramp and into the warehouse. Workers that were hired to do light work then opened each pallet, taking the individual boxes and light crates off and organizing them by food group. As they worked they wrote down the intake data which would be given to Manuel to review and then put on the spreadsheet that goes to Min Enterprises. Inventory data was always done twice to ensure accuracy.

Min Enterprises pays for some of the food that comes into the warehouse through the Charitable Contributions Department, and God forbid they end up having to spend more then absolutely necessary.

"You know, you're a real pushy person. Even worse than my wife on some days," Manuel said.

I grunted, feeling the muscles in my biceps bunch up as I pulled hard on a heavy pallet that just wouldn't budge. "Yeah well I have a girlfriend, mother, and surrogate mother that keep me on my toes. I learned from the best."

"You know you can't keep coming here every Friday. Your brother is going to find out, eventually," Manuel said.

I stopped, turning to look at him with my hands on my hips. "Do you really think I give a fuck what my brother thinks?"

"Well, no, but I can see him trying to create more problems for you if he did find out," Manuel replied.

I stopped to think about that. Dongin had to know that Manuel was denied workman's comp and was forced to keep working. I wouldn't put it past him going after him just to get to me, much like he did to Y/N.