Chapter 43: It's Hailey For The Win, Folks!

Y/N POV:

I was sobbing as I pushed my way through people that were milling around in the main room downstairs. I heard my name being called, but I couldn't see anything through my tears and frankly I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

As I pushed the door open and stepped outside, the brisk night air hit me full force, causing me to gasp and sober up a bit. I heard my name being called again, and was sure now it was Jungkook's voice. I ignored him and kept going, walking outside and making a beeline for my car.

I got in my car and started it up, pulling away from the front of the building as I see Jungkook run around the side of the building trying to stop me. I ignored his plea for me to stop as I took off down the street, the back of my hand wiping away my tears.

I really liked Jungkook but I was in no state to talk to him right now – and I had a feeling he was going to try to get me to stay and talk it out with Yoongi. 

The image in my mind kept repeating itself, and I couldn't get it to stop. Yoongi, his body moving in slow motion as blood gushed from his nose, his eyes moving up to capture mine. The look in his eyes was the same look my father had all those years ago – surprise....shock.....and fear.

My father knew what was coming to him when he picked fights with those men at the bar every week, but I think he thought he was someone who could escape harm once he got home. Home is always seen as a safe place – a place where we can retreat and find solace in our own personal space. My father mistakenly thought his home would provide that for him, and that mistake was evident when his jaw shattered that final night.

I had always wanted to be Yoongi's home, his safe place and the one person he could come to to find his solace. I felt a pang of guilt for running away, almost like in a way I was abandoning him. Even with what just happened I loved him with a ferocity that still burned within me, and I think that ferocity is what drove me to feel the cut so deep.

Seeing him hurting, knowing he kept this "hobby" from me hurt me – and no matter how much I ached for his touch still I couldn't be near him. I couldn't let him back in, not now and I don't know if ever again.

*1 hour later*

I finally made it home. I had been driving around aimlessly for some time, my phone in my shoulder bag which had been blowing up with notifications the whole time. I ignored the repeated dings as I pulled into my driveway and turned off the engine. I drug myself out of my car and into my house, my mother's eyes the first thing I saw as I entered.

"Y/N what happened? You didn't call me like I asked you to. I was so worried! One of Yoongi's friends were here about 40 minutes ago. They were looking for you – what happened to Yoongi," my mother asked, bringing me over to her and sitting me down on the couch.

I held my shoulder bag in my lap, twisting the strap nervously as I looked down at my hands.

"I received a text after we got done with the movie that Yoongi was being hurt and I had to come right away. I drove to the Underground and it was deserted. The area where the rap battles are held are in the basement, and I guess the ground floor of the building is used to hold amateur Mixed Martial Arts fights or something. Yoongi was in the fight cage.....being beaten by his older brother," I said, exhaling deeply as I finished.

"What ?!?! He was fighting his brother? Why? How badly was he hurt," my mother asked, wrapping her arm around me.

"Bad enough to make blood spurt from his nose and some come from his mouth. It was horrible mom, and everybody there just went about their business afterward as if that was totally normal," I replied.