Chapter 27: The Third Degree x 2

YOONGI POV:

I had been so busy lately I had almost forgotten about Halloween until Y/N asked what I was going to be. Every year back in Korea my friends and I would dress up. One of my favorite costumes in the past was when I dressed up as Chucky, that evil doll. That was a lot of fun, chasing around my hyungs and pretending to stab them – aha. This year I thought Naruto would be a good choice since it's one of my favorite Japanese Magna's, but I didn't have the costume. I quickly went online after I got done texting with Y/N to order it, making sure it would be here in time. I loved doing all of my shopping online, as the turnaround for delivery was usually next day in Korea. In the U.S. it took longer, but with expedited shipping, I could get things pretty fast if I needed it quickly.

After the order I went downstairs to find something to eat. It was getting close to 10:00 p.m. now and I was starving. I was hoping since it was late that everyone would be in bed now. Well, I'm specifically referring to Lil. I had been avoiding her all day. I saw my mom and brother briefly earlier today and while my brother just glared at me, my mother was pleasant and asked if I had a good time at the party. She seemed oblivious to the fact that Y/N and I disappeared well before it was over. My father wasn't around at that time, and probably got up early and left right after breakfast. I was stealthy throughout the day, spending much of it in my room sleeping. Now I was wide awake and hungry as hell and I was hoping my luck was going to continue.

This unfortunately wasn't the case, as she was in her usual spot of judgement when I entered the kitchen. She had this chair near the corner, closer to the door to the garage that she liked to sit in, and it was the chair that I knew if she was occupying my ass was about to get chewed out. My feet stopped as I entered the kitchen. I gave a short laugh as my eyes met hers, her arms crossed as she gave me a "mmmhmmm" in response. I went to the fridge and began taking out leftovers, heating them up in the microwave.

I could feel Lil come up behind me, and when I turned she attacked – grabbing the high collar of my hoodie and dragging it down, exposing my neck. Shit – I forgot to put more makeup on to cover the huge hickey there. She looked at it and then released my hoodie, standing back with her hands on her hips.

"So, Robert and I both saw you and Y/N leave early last night. Robert said he saw you take her outside, but then you two didn't appear again. Then one of the maids said she saw Y/N's clothing and belongings in the Spa Room at the end of the party, and you two were still nowhere to be seen. Then a little birdie showed me a ticket receipt for dry cleaning, and I see her dress got laundered very early this morning. I am guessing from all of this that your Y/N stayed the night last night in your room. Am I correct on this, boy?"

Ha! I got her there. "She didn't stay the night, Lil. So no, you're assumptions aren't correct," I replied, rather smugly.

"Mmmmhmmm. So that was you leaving at almost midnight then, taking her home. The boys in the security room told me about it first thing, and they thought someone was stealing your car at first," she said.

"I took her home by midnight because that is when her mother expected her back," I said, getting a little irritated now with the questioning. I took my food, now hot, and sat at the small table off the kitchen.

"So what exactly happened last night if she didn't stay all night," Lil asked, coming to sit across from me.

I felt like being a bit of a brat now. I grinned wide at Lil, saying, "Oh....I don't think you want to know the answer to that one, Lil."

Her eyes glowed with fire at that answer as she pointed a finger at me. "That girl is only 17 years old, Yoongi. If things went sour you could get in big trouble here in the States for that. She's underage!"