Chapter 20: A Sweaty Mess

Y/N POV:

The next morning I drug myself out of bed, feeling tired still. I looked at my phone and saw it was 6:45 a.m. My alarm didn't wake me up at 6:00 a.m. and now I was going to have to rush. Luckily I showered late last night, so all I had to do was throw some clothes on. I didn't bother putting makeup and crap on, because that would take precious time away from my coffee run. And yes, coffee takes priority over makeup. I grabbed my keys and ran downstairs, making sure to grab a banana and a pop tart for the road. After I got my usual at the coffee hut (thank God for drive-thru coffee huts), I swung by and picked up Hailey. I was 5 mins late, but she didn't care. She got in my car, plopping down.

"So what's up, bitch? I have texted you 3 times in the last 2 days and you haven't responded to any of them. I know we talked on the phone other night but you're my hoe – I need to have more attention from you," she said.

I sighed. "Sorry, there has been a bit of drama lately. Yoongi was over last night for dinner. My mom said she wanted to meet him before the dinner party on Saturday night."

Hailey put her phone down, turning to look at me. "Holy shit. How did that go? Did your mom grill him like a fucking steak until he broke?!?"

I laughed at that visual, and then nodded to confirm it. "Pretty much. She kept asking him personal questions about his family and their company, why he doesn't want to take it over when he is 25, etc. She even told me she sees that he's into me and that I better 'wrap it up' when the time comes. I was mortified."

Hailey nodded slowly. "Hmm, seems like I'm rubbing off on your mom. I'm usually the one to say that stuff to you. I feel proud!"

"Ha ha, shut up Hailey. I don't need yet another person using funny quips in order to try and run my personal life."

"Well somebody has got to! You two just seem to dance around each other but not actually face the big white fucking elephant in the room – that you really REALLY like each other, and should just get together already. Everybody sees it. What is the hold up," she asked, flicking me in the forehead.

"Hey! I'm driving here! Look all I know is he's afraid of something. Afraid of opening up fully to me I think. He mentioned something to that effect last night. I thought about just laying it all out there, telling him how I feel and then maybe he will feel confident enough to say it back, but you know what? I want the guy to make the first move. I want HIM to ask ME and make it official. Is that weird," I asked, turning into our school parking lot.

I looked over and Hailey was laying back in the seat like she had been shot, clutching her heart. "That's fucking adorable, Y/N. Seriously. That's some old-fashioned love story stuff right there. You're changing, girl. You usually would just grab a guy by the balls and say 'You're going to be my bf!' but with him, you let him take control. It's so damn cute. He better not hurt you though. I'll fuck him up bigtime."

"Don't scare him off, Hailey. I know how crazy you can get. You're a bit much sometimes," I said, parking and turning off the car. We got out of the car and Hailey ran ahead of me, turning and running backwards, squishing her breasts together as she blew me a kiss.

"Yeah but that's what you like about me, bitch! Ha!"

I chuckled, following her as we entered the school.

The morning was pretty quiet. I saw Anna in class and said hi, and asked her to sit next to me since Yoongi was gone. I was going to have to get her to sit with Hailey and I from now on in 1st period. She was part of our girl pack now. I pulled out my phone and sent Yoongi a quick text.