Chapter 21: The Texts & The Gift

YOONGI POV: 

The next morning, I woke up early. I got up and showered, making sure to shave my face. I wondered if I should have my hair dyed, since it's been a while since it's been anything but black. I figured if I did, it would be a surprise for Y/N, since she was going to surprise me herself with the dress she picked out. I got dressed in house clothes, a sleeveless black undershirt, a pajama top and sweat pants, and then headed downstairs.

The great room was bustling with people, we had many staff on hand that were bringing in supplies and decorations and taking them to the ballroom and formal dining room. My mother was right in the thick of it with Lil, both of them barking orders to people left and right. I walked into the kitchen, several staff members bowing to me as I passed. I hated the bowing as much as the "Master Yoongi" part, but I knew that it was the custom so I let it be.

Dongin was in the kitchen, discussing seating arrangements with what looked like a flustered planner. I couldn't tell what they were arguing over, but as soon as my brother noticed me, he let the matter drop, sending the man away in a huff.

"Ahhh, little brother. I haven't seen you for quite a while now. Looks like we have an exciting party tonight," Dongin said, a smirk on his face.

"Cut the shit, Dongin. I'm not in the mood," I shot back, opening the fridge to get out some milk for my cereal. I opened the cabinet next to fridge and got some cereal out, pouring both into a bowl as Dongin watched me.

"So mother tells me you are bringing Y/N tonight. I have a date as well. I hope Y/N won't be jealous," he said, crossing his arms with an even bigger smirk.

I sighed, my back to him as I poured more milk into a glass. I was careful with my words, deciding not to address Y/N at all. Instead I just gave him a warning.

"Keep to yourself and your date, brother. I want this event done and over with as much as you do. Don't push me, you won't want to see me upset," I said, calmly, as I turned to look him in the eye.

The jerk still had a cocky smile on his face, saying, "I'm not afraid of you when you get angry. You may be quicker and stronger than me, but I've been training myself, and I can take you on any day."

The training he referred to surprised me, as we both knew what it alluded to. The Underground had a secret MMA club event once a month on a Saturday evening, and I've participated in the events a few times. Training is required to even enter an event, and I did some of that prior to school starting when I was just getting acclimated with the town. They were impressed with my fighting skills, which provided a way in to joining in the rap battle, along with the good recommendation from Namjoon. Training with the owner in the ring helped us to develop a good friendship, and that is how I learned about his family situation with his kid being chronically ill. I have been in three cage fights so far, two of which I won.

The first fight I was still green, and I was matched with another fighter that was more seasoned than I was. The fights I did win, the pot had grown to almost $2,000 for the first and $3,200 for the second. Both prizes were donated to the owner for his kid, quietly of course. I didn't need the money anyway, and I used the fights as a way to get out stress and anger that built up over time. I rarely get out of control angry, but when I do, well.....you don't want to see me get there. I've scared my mom and Lil before, and I don't want to get to that point again. Unfortunately, Dongin seems to know the exact buttons to push, tempting me to unleash that side of me. Another fight was coming up on Saturday, Nov 2nd, the night after the Halloween party. I think I might join that one, to release a little steam from all the shit I've had to deal with lately regarding my brother.

"I'm surprised Sal would train you. He knows you're my brother and what an asshole you are," I said, my eyes becoming like slits as I glared at him.