Chapter 10: Head to Head

A/N: When Yoongi is about to get down and dirty with his tongue technology and I'm sitting here with my Skullcandy headphones blaring Feuer Frei! by Rammstein....you  know it's gonna be good :P. 

----------------------------------------------

The next morning I got up at my usual time and got ready for school. I was kind of glad that it was Friday and I wouldn't see him. I don't know how I could face him after what happened yesterday. I wasn't mad at him, but I felt sad and confused still. I didn't want to believe that he was just after me for sex. I don't know his whole life story but from what he told me about his last girlfriend and what I have learned about his brother and father so far, I can tell he has been through a lot in the last couple of years. 

Sometimes negative experiences can change a person, and make them put up walls. I had a suspicion this is why Yoongi didn't fully open up to me, and didn't fully give himself to me. I wanted to tell him how I felt about him, but I was afraid that would scare him even more, and I would ruin whatever this is that we had.

I picked up Hailey and we started off to school, her complaining that when she got home last night her mom and dad were pissed that she up and took off without telling them where she was going, and didn't return until hours later when she knew she was grounded. I loved her parents. They had been together almost 30 years, and while they were really strict on Hailey it was necessary because Hailey could be quite the handful. They were like second parents to me, and they loved me just as much as my mom loved Hailey.

The day progressed as usual for a Friday, with a lot of students talking about what they were doing for the weekend. During lunch Hailey and I sat at a table with Cheri, and Cheri was talking about this club she was going to that night and invited us. It was a rap club of some sort, where amateur rappers battle against each other for money. Apparently it was an underground operation, since it was illegal to be doing things like that in exchange for money. I didn't mind rap music, and listened to my fair share, but I wasn't sure if I would be interested.

"Oh come on, Y/N. If I can sweet talk my parents into letting me go then you are going. We need to get out and have some fun. We haven't had a girl's night in ages," Hailey said, biting into her burger.

"I agree with Hailey. I've been only once before, last year. I hear there is new blood this year, and it gets pretty heated. Oh and the place will be crawling with hot guys," Cheri said, squealing with delight.

I just looked at her with a scrunched-up face. I told them I would think about it, and now my focus was on someone behind Cheri - that new girl Anna sitting by herself at a nearby table. She didn't have any lunch with her, and sat looking at a book. She was cute, small with fiery red curly hair and freckles. She looked way too young to be a Senior. If I didn't know she was in my classes I would assume she was 15 years old or something.

"What's up with that new girl," I asked. "Anybody know anything about her?"

Cheri looked behind her to where I was looking. "Oh, Anna? Yeah she moved here over the summer. Her dad got a new job at some construction company, apparently. Her family is pretty poor from what I hear. She's hella smart though, she has like a 240 IQ. Rumor has it she skipped two grades," said Cheri.

I kept looking at Anna, seeing she was reading a thick novel. I liked reading myself. I also knew the struggle of not having a lot of money, as my mother had to work long hours just to keep us afloat. I planned to start helping out though, and find a temp job over the Christmas break.

"I saw Anna getting picked on a few times by those Plastics," Hailey said, gesturing over to her right at a table with the snobby rich girls who had already gotten plastic surgery to enhance themselves. "I don't know what happened or why they are picking on her, but I know the fact that she is poor, quiet, and smart doesn't help her out any."