Chapter 6 - Potions

Wow, guys over 50 reads! Thanks so much. I know it isn't a lot compared to other authors but I really do appreciate your support so thanks! Let me know if there's anything I can improve on, I really am happy to take constructive criticism. Nice long chapter for you today; enjoy...

 Al entered the Great Hall on the first morning with Daphne and instantly spotted Harry sat with Ron on the far right table. She headed over to them, smiling and saying hello as she did so. "How's Gryffindor?" she asked, helping herself to some porridge and honey.

"Uh yeah, it's good. Loads of armchairs and stuff and everyone's really nice," Harry replied with a grin, "How's Slytherin?"

"Sounds pretty much the same. People seemed a little bit on edge but all the prefects are really helpful," Ron pulled a face, "What?" she asked him, confused.

"Ron already got told off by a Slytherin prefect," Harry informed her, "for not tucking his shirt in."

"They're so unfair. Fred and George warned me that they wouldn't be nice to anyone but their own house," Ron complained. Al didn't argue and just went to her orange juice, considering she didn't have any evidence against it.

 She carried on eating in peace - despite getting odd looks from other students - until McGonagall approached Ron, Harry and herself. "Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley," she listed, handing out timetables, "Are you supposed to be sat over here, Miss Dursley?"

 Al felt herself go a little bit pink, "Am I not supposed to?" she asked as politely as was possible.

"Well it's not usually done, but I don't see why not," the professor replied, "I'd go and get your timetable from Professor Snape, though," she added as an afterthought.

 Al nodded and once she'd finished her porridge went to go and find Snape. He was wandering along the Slytherin table, also handing out timetables. "Uh, Professor?" she asked, "Do you have my timetable, please?"

 He turned around looking her up and down, "Is this table not good enough for you, Miss Dursley?" he asked her accusingly. A few of the older students sniggered around her.

"Well, Harry's my cousin, so I thought I'd check-in. Like the loving, caring person I am," she replied, forcing a smile.

"Hm," he responded, looking ever-so-slightly taken-aback. "Here's your timetable then," he said, handing her a small piece of parchment. She looked at it; first up was Charms with the Hufflepuffs.

"Thank you, Professor," she said, plonking herself down next to Draco, who was eating his toast while reading through a letter from his mother.

"Sleep well?" she asked, grabbing an apple to eat while passing the time.

"Uh-huh," he said still engrossed in his letter.

 When the bell rang, she headed off to her very first charms lesson. It, like most of the other lessons she had that week, was pretty simple to her. They mainly practiced wand motions and theory in charms and transfiguration, although she did manage to turn her toothpick into a needle by the end of her first transfiguration lesson. McGonagall gave her five points for being the third in the year, right after Hermione Granger and Draco. Herbology was pretty simple too. All they really did was re-pot plants, although sometimes they wriggled a little bit.

 Her very first potions lesson was on Friday morning and the only lesson with the Gryffindors. She looked around for Harry but couldn't see him, so she sat with just Draco. The other Slytherin girls were gathered around Blaise and Theodore was sat with Crabbe and Goyle, waiting presumably for Draco.

 Finally, Ron and Harry ran in, late, and she beckoned them over to sit with her. Draco huffed about it but she was sure he didn't really mind. Throughout the week she'd caught him complaining or making mean comments about other students, but he was getting better than he had been on the train. And for whatever reason, he didn't dare say anything in front of Al. The thing about the Slytherins, was they all acted really tough in front of each other, but each one of them could tell everyone was faking it. It was only the second day when Al overheard Millicent Bulstrode saying she'd hex the next Gryffindor that spoke to her but then broke down crying half an hour later in the dorm. Al couldn't make any sense of it all.