Chapter 64 - Regulus Arcturus Black

Guys 6k reads thank you so so much!!!

 The room sat in silence for a short while. "But...why? Dumbledore..." Mr Weasley eventually said.

 Al shrugged, "It makes Harry easier to control, for starters." Blank faces looked at her, "Make him a martyr and then present him in a world where he's happy. He'll be forever grateful for that."

 "I just don't think that's right," Mrs Weasley said from the stove, "Dumbledore is fighting for the greater good."

 "Funny," Al said coldly, "You-Know-Who told me the same thing." Everyone was quiet again. "But I agree. Dumbledore isn't bad. He's not great either. But I don't think he'd leave Harry there without being able to justify it to himself."

 "Then what's-" Mr Weasley began, but was interrupted by his son.

 "Is dinner almost ready? I'm starving," the Weasel said, marching in. He was trailed by Hermione and his little sister, and Fred who went to sit with George, who had ended up at the other end of the table. He looked guiltily at Al, who waved him off and forced a smile.

 "Hi, Al," Hermione said brightly, helping herself to pasta.

 "Hello, Hermione," Al said, forcefully happy.

 Sirius mimed a shiver, and Al kicked him under the table. She noticed that all the Weasley kids seemed to be avoiding her. In fact, they'd left a seat empty next to her. How lovely.

 Al ate as much as she could as fast as she could, which wasn't a lot considering she'd been starved for a month. "Lovely food," she said politely, before dashing out the room and bolting upstairs. She hated hanging out with Hermione and the Weasel - it was always so awkward.

 Al arrived in her room and started making her bed when there was a knock at the door and in trooped Sirius and Lupin. Each of them sat down in the various chairs she had. "George'll be up in a minute," Lupin promised, "He's being force-fed seconds."

 "So," Al said, slumping down into her bed, "spill."

 They exchanged a look. "Well, Harry got back with the cup," Sirius said, "And Cedric. He said you were still alive, but after a week, most people just presumed you were dead. No one lasts that long unless they're useful to Voldemort and...well...you're a fifteen year old. So...the Order weren't even going to look for you until Harry had that vision."

 "Harry had a vision too?" Al asked, surprised, "What was it?"

 "It was when he was at the leaving feast," Lupin explained, "He said he saw the Malfoys at a Death Eater meeting. Said he was beating up some other Death Eater. That all he could feel was plain anger."

 "Avery," Al said bitterly, "I got some good punches in."

 "Yeah well, after that Harry was distraught," Sirius continued, "He kept telling Dumbledore he had to find you. You were alive. No one believed him, but he seemed so sure. And then Snape came back and said you were alive, that he'd seen you.

 "So a few of the Order members tailed the Malfoys-"

 "Who?" Al asked.

 "Um.." Sirius hesitates, "It was actually just Remus here."

 "Oh," Al said, "Thanks, Professor."

 Lupin forced a weak smile, "Remus is fine, Al," he said.

 "So you tailed the Malfoys," Al encouraged.

 "We found they kept going to one of the old Carrow mansions," Lupin said, "So Sirius and I persuaded Kingsley to come and raid it when we knew it'd be empty."