Chapter 33 - Dumbledore's Offer

Thank you so much for 2k reads!! This means so much to me!! :)

 To Al,

 I can't thank you enough for all of your help - it's just a shame Wormtail got away. I'm searching for him now and I'm not stopping until I find him.

 I think we should stay in touch - for Harry's sake. I've been thinking about what you told me about Dumbledore and I have to say; I'm feeling very sacrificed right now. He didn't even push for an appeal, let alone a trial! I don't think we can trust him for the time being. Not until he gets his act together. I spoke to Moony and he agrees with me, which is saying a lot because he's always been very loyal to Dumbledore.

 Also with the whole Voldemort being back thing - I'm going to start tracking down that horcrux thingy you told me about. Any idea where I can start?

 Congratulations on getting your soul back! How does it feel? I personally am not very good with feelings, but I can tell you now; you are going to feel rubbish sometimes. Absolutely lowest of the low points. All I can offer there is that there are good times too, when you feel like you're on top of the world. Like how I felt when you brought me that tent. Hold onto those moments, because they're what make life really special.

 I'll see you soon, hopefully. Keep an eye on Harry for me; Merlin knows James was hopeless at writing letters,

 Padfoot

 Al closed the letter with a smile. She certainly had some work to do - it looked like she was going to have to help track down the horcruxes. It was a daunting task, and Al had no idea where to start. She started to worry - maybe she was even a little bit scared. Al grabbed some parchment and a quill to begin brainstorming, when Draco, Daphne and Theo burst into the hospital wing, their faces full of worry.

 "Where were you?" Draco exclaimed embracing her and squeezing all the air from her lungs.

 Daphne followed, mimicking Draco's hug with a, "We were so worried!"

 Theo was next, but he didn't squeeze her to death and Al offered him a grateful smile, "So, what happened?"

 Al didn't really know where to start. She decided it was going to have to be from the beginning: confession time, "Well, there's really something you guys should know," she started, looking to Daphne and Theo who smiled encouragingly. It felt like someone was repeatedly punching her in the stomach as she plucked up the courage. This is fear, Al thought. "I'm a muggle-born," she said quickly. She and Draco held their breath, waiting for them to storm out.

 "We're not blind," Daphne commented, laughing nervously.

 "What Daphne means," Theo explained, "Is that we know. Loads of people know. It's not a big deal."

 "What do you mean? Muggle-borns aren't allowed in Slytherin," Al said confused.

 "Yeah, well you're not the best at hiding it," Daphne said, sitting on the end of the bed, "And no one cares that much. Once you're in Slytherin, you're in Slytherin."

 "Having said that," Theo said, "I wouldn't go shouting it out for the world to hear. Some of the older generations are still very much anti-muggle," he warned and Al nodded appreciatively.

 "Besides," Daphne said, "There's loads of muggle-borns in Slytherin these last two years. I think you might have broken the hat." The four of them laughed, and Al felt that freeing on-top-of-the-world feeling that Sirius had described.

 "So," Draco said, clearly excited, "What happened last night?" So Al told them everything. About her soul, about Lupin, Black and Pettigrew, about Dumbledore, and about Voldemort's horcruxes. "Woah," Draco said when she'd finished, "So whose side are you on?"