Chapter 2

Y/N's POV

Day 1

So, since getting into the village, I decided to keep a journal. Luckily, the librarian was kind enough to give me a journal without paying anything! He says it's a thanks for protecting their village, but I don't feel comfortable getting something and not paying for it. I'll give the librarian the money when I get enough. Since I don't know the time between volume 1 and volume 2, I'll just wait in the village until the main cast comes, until then, I'll keep writing in this journal and see if I can find anything interesting!

Day 2

Not much is happening inside the village, but I decided to try out ID Mastery and turns out, it levels up pretty fast! It leveled up twice when I only used it four times! I'm getting close to my first dungeon, so I'll keep leveling up my skill until I get a dungeon full of monsters! I asked the village Chief if there was a secluded place anywhere, and he said there was a part of the forest that's safe from grimm, and it's pretty well hidden. He even said that it was his secret garden when he was young, but after he grew up, went there less and less. I'll work on leveling up my 'ID Mastery' tomorrow there.

Day 3

I started to grind my 'ID Mastery' in the secluded spot that the village Chief told me. The skill leveled up twice again! It does feel kinda weird teleporting through different dimensions, anyways, the skill leveled up twice again! The skill is level five now and I got my first dungeon with monsters! The description for the first monster dungeon is basic grimm and zombies. I didn't know that my IDs could create zombies, so after that I decided to go back and write in my journal more. I guess this is the right way to go!

Day 4

First ever grimm attack! I woke up to the sound of bells being rung and I got inside my mech and decided to take a look. It wasn't much, just around 60 grimm in total, 20 beowolves, 10 nevermores, 20 Ursa, 19 creeps, and one alpha beowolf. So, battling that horde was fun!

Flashback

Me: I'll hold them off, cover me as much as possible!

Village Defender: Alright! Be safe!

Then, I crashed through the ranks of beowolves, Ursa, and creeps while the nevermores were taken care of by the village defenders. The grimm were demolished but when I looked down, I saw that there was loot! Thankfully, my auto loot was toggled on and the loot was sucked up into my inventory, no need of me being there as well! Then, I approached the alpha beowolf and decided to observe it, this is what I came up with.

Alpha Beowolf

Lv: 20

HP: 1000/1000

AP: None

MP: 15/15

An alpha beowolf, one of the many alphas in an army of grimm created by Salem. This alpha has lived and fought longer than its counterparts making it stronger and smarter on the battlefield.

Now this piqued my interest, my observe could tell the source of a creature's creator? Now that was interesting, including the Salem bit, oh yeah! There was another skill I gained after a howl from the alpha.

Detect Bloodlust (Lv: 1 EXP: 89.99%): The ability to detect evil or just practical bloodlust. Another one of the many skills that gamer fanfics have!

Yup, I gained 'Detect Bloodlust', now I can sense if there's ever danger approaching this little village! Neat! So, after I killed that alpha beowolf, I noticed it dropped a book, guess what it dropped.