Chapter 27: The Aftermath

Third Person POV

Ruby: M-Mom?

Summer: Hey sweetie....it's good to see you again.

Ruby: Mom!

Ruby then uses her semblance to hug Summer, with Summer returning the hug, albeit with surprise on her face.

Summer: I wasn't there when you unlocked your semblance?!

Ruby: Hehe, used it to steal out of the cookie jar.

Summer: Ruby!! Bad girl!

Yang: H-Hey.....Raven....

Raven: Hello Yang.

Yang then approaches Raven, with the two looking at each other in the eyes, before Yang tries to punch Raven, only for Raven to block the punch.

Raven: I can see that you're still pissed, as always.

Yang: You left me for the Brothers' sake!!

Y/N: Rude.

Yang: Stay out of this!! Why did you leave me?!

Raven: I left because of the tribe-

Yang: Bullshit! Tell me the real reason why!!

Raven: You want to know the reason why? I was just telling you, it was for the tribe-

Yang: How about you stop using the tribe as an excuse and tell me why.

Raven: You want to know? Ask me again when you have a child and are faced with the responsibilities. 

Yang: So you were scared of raising me?!

Raven: And what if I was?

Yang: Then you were just a coward. 

Raven: I was anything but! I decided that the tribe was more important than my own family! It was from that day on that I knew that I was worthy of leading the tribe! 

Yang: So your stupid tribe is more important than family?!

Raven: Yes, it is.

Yang: Fine then, I'll be out of your hair then.

Yang then starts to walk away, before Raven calls out to her.

Raven: Yang, wait!

Yang then halts before looking back at Raven.

Yang: What is it this time? You're gonna try and convince me to do the same thing?

Raven: No, yes, urgh! Look, you don't know Ozpin, he is willing to kill anyone in his path just for a fighting chance against Salem.

Yang: Now I know that you're grasping for straws-

Y/N: She's not wrong, and despite what it seems, Raven does care for you, Yang.

Yang: Don't side with her, Y/N! You do not know when-!

Y/N: Ozpin really is just a manipulative coward, in fact, he is much more of a coward than Raven is, slaughtering millions just to get an upper hand in this pointless war.

Yang: What?! A war against you?!

Y/N: No, the war against Salem, and Ozpin will use any card that he gets in order to win, if you want to be free, join my side, if you want to be a captive, join Ozpin, I'm giving you a choice, Yang, Ozpin doesn't.

Yang: I-I

Y/N: Yang, please, Ozpin is going to destroy Remnant if he keeps getting away scot-free, and I don't want to kill you in the crossfire.