Chapter 16: Birthdays

AN: Sometimes I wonder why I wrote that One-Shot...hope you like this chapter! 

Third Person POV

Y/N: Alright, so everything should be prepared-

Irene: Prepared for what?

Y/N: A-Another event.

Irene: You stuttered there, is something up?

Y/N: Nothing, you just surprised me.

Irene: Okay...tell me, what is going on?

Y/N: What do you mean?

Irene: Well, after you put those points into Int and Wis, you acted strange, more reserved, that isn't like you, so what is really going on?

Y/N: Well, I did not imagine you to find out so fast.

Irene: Find out about what?

Y/N: That it's your birthday!

Suddenly, streamers fell down from the roof, with confetti being shot out from hiding confetti launchers as villagers and space marines alike held up a gigantic cake. 

Y/N: Sometimes I forgot how big the cake was....Irene? Are you okay?

As Irene was looking upon this spectacle, her eyes seemed to be shadowed as a single tear fell down her cheek. 

Y/N: Irene? Is something wrong?

Irene all of a sudden jumped into Y/N, hugging him as he blushed from the sudden contact.

Irene: Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Y/N: No problem....but can you get off me really quick?

Irene then looked at Y/N, seeing him as a blushing mess, before getting off him.

Irene: Alright you big lug, now let's celebrate!

Jerald: A year older is a great honor among space marines! Another year of survival in the harsh galaxy!

Y/N: Now come on! You just have to remember by birthday, okay?

Irene: Yeah yeah, now it's time to dig in! Come on everyone! Eat!

As the next few hours seem to pass by, with the villagers eating the cake with the space marines somehow being able to eat behind their helmets, Irene was practically having the time of her life, but it seemed something was missing, until Y/N walked up. 

Y/N: Hey.

Irene: Hey to you too, what's up?

Y/N: Well, I have been doing this thing as a quest.

Irene: Oh....so is there something that you need to do to complete this quest?

Y/N: Well, going through this quest, I was thinking about how to make it special, and then I realized that I wasn't doing it for the quest, but for you...so will you be my girlfriend?

Y/N was kneeling down, holding an opened box that had a ring in it.

Irene: We aren't getting married, idiot.

Y/N: I know, but it is in hope for the future of us two.

Irene just seemed to be sitting there, with the gigantic group of villagers and space marines looking at the scene in silence.

Irene: Yes, I accept.

Then, the two groups erupted into shouts of joy, as some villagers seemed to be holding liquor and space marines holding alcohol alike. As Irene looked on at the scene with a feeling of nostalgia in her eyes, before looking at Y/N with two bottles in his hand.