Chapter 24: Crossed Paths

Third Person POV

Osmadiel: Brother Ithuriel, how much longer do we have to wait?

Apothecary Ithuriel: Not much longer sir, the fatal injuries on the woman has begun to subside, she should be waking up soon. 

Osmadiel: Good, I would like to ask some questions. 

Meanwhile, on the peaks of the mountains...

Castiel: Brothers, crash into the rocky ground below! Leave this heretical creature to die.

SPEHS MEHRENS: YESSIR!

As the group of twelve space marines jumped into the ground below, one of them aimed their bolter at the nevermore, before firing the high caliber round into the nevermore's head, killing it instantly as he too, jumped off. 

Down below on the rocky grounds, Maria unleashed the power of the silver eyes on the nevermore, turning it to stone as the statue of the nevermore crumbled into pieces. But there was still trouble as faunus bandits appeared from the shadows, but they didn't know what hit them was a hulking mass of steel. 

Castiel: BRETHREN! FIGHT FOR THE EMPEROR! LET FURY GUIDE YOUR WEAPONS! LET VENGEANCE BE YOUR SONG! WE ARE THE SONS OF CALIBAN, AND OUR ENEMIES SHALL FALL!!!!

SPEHS MEHRENS: RAAAGAGRHGRGHSJVLSHRGJNVJSGHJNG!!!!!

As the group of twelve space marines were still on their adrenaline rush of killing various grimm in their path, along with the nevermore, they never realized that they had ended the battle already, with their shouting causing grimm to notice as they barreled into the space marines, only to be shot and killed by various bolter rounds and chainswords.

Maria Calavera: Who are these people...?

As the space marines slaughtered the grimm by the dozens, it didn't even matter if the grimm just dissipated, because they have slaughtered so many that it created a literal hill of dead grimm corpses. 

Maria: Who are you?

Castiel: We are the Dark Angels, beings crafted by the Emperor himself to serve him in his galactic domination, so who are you?

Maria: Why would you want to know my name?

Castiel: We are looking for allies in a new-found war, even if we can just blow this entire planet to bits.

Maria: I highly doubt that just twelve of you can just blow up the entire planet.

Castiel: We very well could! In fact, just twelve of us could take control of this entire planet! 

Maria: Where are you from?

Castiel: From the Imperium of Man, a glorious empire built by the God-Emperor of Mankind!

Maria: Uh-huh.

Castiel: Now I ask you this one more time, who are you?

Castiel then raised his chainsword up to Maria's face, the various blades glimmering dangerously in the fog. 

Maria: My name is Maria Calavera, do you have a name?

Castiel: My name is Castiel, the leader of this fine group! 

Maria: Tell me, who are you fighting against?

Castiel: We are at war with two warp-users known as Ozpin and Salem, their heretical ways must be stopped!

Maria: Yeah sure.

Just then, a crow landed on one of the trees that had withered away on the rocky ground, with one of the marines not even looking at it, firing his bolter, the shot hit the crow almost straight on, if it had not flown off the tree and turned into a human.