TWO

"So... he'll be on medication for a while?" Ari asked as she stroked Harry's cheek through a hole in the incubator.

"Yes. His lungs haven't developed enough yet. That's why he's on the ventilator too." Doctor Smith informed them.

"I'm sorry." Ari started crying into Louis' shoulder.

"Why are you sorry love? It's not your fault." He tried to calm her, but she was sobbing hard now.

"My body didn't keep him safe, he came too early cos my body is useless."

"Ari. Listen to me...this isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself please?" Louis said, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"He's right. He's small, and was born too soon, but that's not your fault. He just needs an extra bit of help to get him stronger." The Doctor said, sympathetically.

*****

The next few days were hard for the couple.

Harry had various tests, checking his lung function.

He was extremely weak, and it broke Ari and Louis' hearts.

*****

Finally, when Harry was seven weeks old, he was allowed to go home.

"I'm so scared Lou. What if something happens?" Ari said as she placed the baby in his car seat.

"The Doctor's are happy with him now. We shouldn't worry too much. Let's get him home. The kids are desperate to see him again." Louis replied.

They both got into the car, and Louis drove them home.

Ari and Louis have two other children, Gemma, who is six, and Niall, who is three. They've visited Harry in hospital a few times, and were so excited to have a baby brother.

The car pulled up outside their home, a semi detached house in London.

The door to the house flew open and two very happy children bounded out, running towards the car, followed by Louis' Mum, Jay.

"Hey my lovelies. Give us a hug." Louis yelled as Niall jumped into his arms.

Gemma ran to Ari and squeezed her tight. "Where's Harry?" She asked, trying to get the back door open.

"He's right here love. Don't make too much noise, though, he's sleeping." Gemma nodded as Ari got the car seat out.

"Hello Harry. I'm glad you're home. I want to show you my teddies." Gemma cooed as she looked at the little boy.

Ari smiled at her.

"Can I see, Mummy?" Niall whispered, walking slowly to them. "Aww hello baby." He giggled.

"Let's get indoors eh? It's cold out here." Louis said, taking the car seat and giving his Mum a kiss.

"Hi Mum. Thanks so much for looking after them. Hope they've been good?"

"They're always good." She took Ari's bags from her.

Once inside, they sat on the sofas and Louis took Harry out of his seat.

"Here we go, precious, this is your home." He kissed Harry's cheek.

"Can I hold him Daddy?" Gemma asked.

"I wanna hold 'im too Dada." Niall added.

"Gemma first ok?" Gemma sat upright and held her arms open. Louis carefully placed Harry on her lap, and she hugged him, softly.

"He so pretty." She said, in total awe. "He smells nice too. I love you Harry." She whispered, smiling brightly.

Niall was sat next to her staring at the baby.

"He small." He said as he touched Harry's tiny hand. "Can me hold now please?" Ari smiled as she took him from Gemma and put him in Niall's arms.

"Ooh...he bit heavy Mummy." He giggled. "You my baby bwuvver Harry."

Louis grinned at Ari. They already knew their children were going to love each other so much.

"My turn?" Jay said. Niall frowned. "Just for a minute, Niall, then you can have him back."

Niall nodded and Jay took him.

"Oh my, you are such a handsome little boy." Jay said as she kissed his forehead. "So how are you two?" She asked the couple.

"Tired. Worried, but just so glad he's home at last." Ari said, closing her eyes, feeling exhausted.

"Why don't you go up and sleep love. We'll be ok." Louis said, hugging his wife.

"I think I will. Thanks." Ari stood up and went up to her bed. Within minutes of laying down, she was fast asleep.

Harry started crying softly, wriggling around in Niall's arms, making the older boy frown.

"Daddy, he cwying!" He said looking at Louis for help.

"I'll take him. Thanks for being gentle kids. Maybe Nanny will make you a drink while I see to Harry." Louis took the baby.

The kids ran off to the kitchen with Jay.

"Now little man, what's wrong with you eh?" Louis placed the knuckled of his little finger up to Harry's mouth (don't worry, his hands are clean) and Harry sucked gently on it. "AHH... you're hungry. Better get you a bottle then."

Louis walked into the kitchen and asked his Mum to make a bottle up, while he tried to comfort Harry, who had started crying again.

"He very noisy Dada. Make my ears hurt." Niall said, before taking a sip of his juice.

"So we're you when you were a baby Niall. You still are." Louis laughed as he took the warm bottle from Jay.

"No, I'm not!" Niall frowned.

"Yes you are Niall." Gemma giggled.

Louis fed the bottle of milk to Harry, placing him on his shoulder to bring up some wind, which he did, making Niall laugh.

"Pardon you Harry!" Niall said, "he rude." Louis laughed.

"He is. He also needs him bum changing, be right back."

Louis took Harry upstairs to the nursery and changed his nappy, then put him in the Moses basket next to Ari's side of the bed, he had fallen asleep while being changed.

He went back downstairs.

"He's asleep, which is what you two need to do." He pointed at Gemma and Niall.

"No Daddy it's early!" Gemma groaned.

"Now Gemma! Daddy's tired and I'm going home now. Be a good girl eh?" Jay said kindly.

Gemma smiled and nodded, taking Niall's hand. "Come on Ni, let's go get ready.

Niall huffed, but gave his Nanny a hug and kiss, as did Gemma, before they headed off to the bathroom.

"Thanks for looking after them, Mum." Louis said as he hugged Jay.

"It was my pleasure, darling. Anytime. You get those kiddies bathed. I'll see myself out." She said, and left.

Louis bathed the kids and put them into bed, before getting in his own, he fell asleep, totally exhausted, but very happy.

Hiii...sorry took so long I had trouble uploading this and had to rewrite the end bit.

Anyone get Harry tickets?

I'M GOING TO LONDON APRIL 23RD still can't believe it, and only took me 12 minutes to get them. I'm so happy and excited!!

As for SNL...well. Harry was amazing. The sketches were funny, he looked gorgeous, watermelon sugar is brilliant. I love him more and more each day.

All the love 💞💞💞