FIFTY

Gemma and Jay ran upstairs, as fast as they could.

"Harry please...stop please!" Louis sputtered.

The bathroom door flew open. "Harry! Stop!" Gemma yelled, pulling Harry away from Louis.

"He's dead!" Harry cried out, tears streaming down his pale face. "He's dead!"

"Harry...who's dead love? Tell me." Gemma said, her heart thumping.

"Daddy...he...he dr-drowned."

"No Harry,  look, Daddy is ok, look at him, see!" Gemma turned Harry to face Louis,  who was coughing and looking at Harry.

"I'm ok Precious. I'm ok."

Harry ran to Louis, who was still in the bath, trying to catch his breath, and threw his arms around him.

"It's ok. Shhh. I'm ok." Louis rubbed Harry's back, they were both shaking and crying.

"We'll leave you two alone." Jay said, as they left the room.

"Why did you think I was dead Harry?"

"Your...your eyes were shut...you looked dead."

Louis wiped a tear from Harry's cheek. "I'm sorry I scared you. Let me get dried and dressed, then we can have a proper cuddle, yeah?"

Harry nodded and pulled away from his Dad. His t shirt was soaking.

Louis got out, dried and put his clothes on. He turned back to Harry.

"You need to get that t shirt off, it's wet."

He pulled his top off and threw it in the laundry basket.

Louis fetched a dry one and Harry put it on.

"There...that's better!" He smiled. He took Harry into his bedroom and they sat on the bed.

"You ok now love?" Louis asked as he moved Harry's curls from his eyes.

Harry nodded,  shyly, feeling a bit silly.

"Sorry Daddy. I was scared. I never want you to die, ever." He said quietly, head down.

"I'm going nowhere. Now, where's my cuddle?"

Harry fell into Louis' arms and buried his face in Louis' clean top. He put his thumb in his mouth for more comfort and closed his eyes, listening to the rhythm of Louis' heartbeat.

Louis rocked him back and forward, singing a lullaby.

He loved his boy so much.

*****

"What happened?" Niall asked as he sat at the kitchen table.

"Harry thought Dad was dead in the bath. I expect he was asleep, but Harry went crazy." Gemma told him.

"Shit. Poor Harry.  Is he ok now?"

"Dads up with him, trying to calm him down."

Jay made some tea, and the three of them sat in the living room, in silence.

Louis came down with Harry ten minutes later.

"Everything ok?" Jay asked. Harry was trying to hide behind Harry's back, he felt embarrassed.

"Yeah, we're ok now aren't we Harry?" Louis asked as he tried to pull him out from behind him.

"Yeah. Sorry." Harry said.

"Come sit down and watch telly with us." Niall said, patting the seat next to him.

Harry smiled and sat down, snuggling up close to Niall, who put his arm round his brother. "Anything you wanna watch?"

Harry shook his head.

"How about Tom and Jerry?" Harry nodded.

He loved those cartoons, Louis always played them when Harry was little. It always made him giggle.

Louis, Gemma and Jay went into the kitchen.

"What was that all about Lou?" Jay asked, a worried tone in her voice.

"I was asleep, the next thing I know, he was grabbing at me, trying to pull me up, but I kept slipping back down. Shit it was scary. The look in his eyes...I've never seen anything like it before. I kept telling him to stop and let go, but it's like he couldn't hear me. He thought I was dead!" Louis said, his hands shaking, as Jay held them in hers own.

"That's serious Lou...anything could've happened."

"What if we hadn't been here Dad?"

Louis sat on a chair and ran his hand through his hair. Harry would never deliberately hurt him  would he?

"He was scared. Thats all. He's ok now. "

"We need to keep a close eye on his behaviour.  He has definitely changed recently.  Maybe you should take him to the doctor's?" Jay said, concerned.

"I'll take him soon. I promise. I'm so bloody tired. Could you watch him while I take a nap please?" Louis asked.

"You don't need to ask love. That's what I'm here for. I'll stay a while to help. I can see things are getting to you. You go sleep, I'll see he's ok." Jay said.

"Thanks Mum...Gem." he got up slowly and went up to his bedroom. Getting on the bed, he closed his tired eyes and within minutes, he was asleep.

*****

"Where's Daddy?" Harry asked  after the cartoons had ended.

"He's just gone to get a bit of sleep darling, he's feeling very tired today. Hay told Harry.

He frowned. "Is he mad with me? Did I make him sad?"

"No Harry. You didn't do anything, he just got a bit sleepy that's all." Gemma added, seeing Harry's  face looking very sad.

"Ok." Was all he said. He got up from his seat and headed for the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Niall asked.

"I need a wee."

"Ok. Come straight back."

"Ok."

Ten minutes later, Harry still hadn't returned.

"I'll see what he's doing." Gemma said, walking upstairs.

Harry wasn't in his room, or the bathroom. She knocked on Louis' door and opened it quietly.

There, laying on Louis' bed was Harry cuddled up with Louis, Louis' arm on his back, pulling him close, as they both slept soundly.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻