FORTY TWO

The next two days passed slowly, but eventually, Harry was allowed home. He was so happy to get back to his familiar surroundings.

It was a Saturday, Niall and Gemma were at home when Louis bought Harry home.

"Guess who's home?" Louis called as he opened the front door.

"HARRY!" Niall yelled as he bounded forward  hugging his little brother. Harry giggled.

"Careful Ni! Don't hurt him!" Gemma said, smiling as she pulled him away. "Where's my hug?"

Harry hugged her. He was so happy to be home at last. He still felt sore, and needed to rest and be careful.

Gemma helped him over to the sofa, and he sat down.

He put his feet up and rested his head on a cushion.

Suddenly, he sat up and shouted... "SURPRISE?!"

Louis jumped, and laughed. "Oh you remembered. Niall...go get Harry's surprise."

Harry sat up straight clapping his hands in excitement.  What was his surprise?

Niall came back a minute later with a small box with a blue bow on the top. Harry made grabby hands at it.

Niall put the box down on Harry's lap, carefully.

Harry looked at the box then up to Louis, getting approval to open it, which he got, with a big smile.

"Be careful when you open it." He said. Harry nodded and pulled the lid open.

Harry screeched. "KITTY!" he yelled.

"Shhh Harry,  dont scare him." Gemma said quietly, grinning at how adorable Harry was.

He put his hands into the box, and pulled out the tiny ginger kitten, placing him carefully on his lap.

"Hi kitty. What's your name? I'm Harry. " he smiled, as he petted the tiny ball of fur.

"He doesn't have a name yet, he's yours, so you can name him." Louis said as he sat on the floor, so he could pet the kitten.

"Um...I don't know Daddy. I need to think." Harry said, not taking his eyes of the animal. "He's very pretty isn't he?"

"He sure is, just like you." Gemma said, making Harry smile.

He giggled as the kitten made it's way up Harry's body, up to his chin, giving it little licks. Harry laid back and the kitten sat down right under his chin.

"He's tickling me!" He giggled.

Gemma was busy taking photos on her phone. This was just too cute not to.

The kitten settled down, and fell asleep, purring into Harry's neck. Harry found the sound and vibrations very relaxing, and he too fell asleep.

"Aww...this is just so lovely. It was a great idea to get him a kitten. They love each other so much already." Gemma said as they sat in the kitchen drinking tea.

"Yes. I think they're gonna be such good friends." Louis replied.

"Are we all allowed to stroke her though?" Niall asked, looking worried. He loved cats too.

"Of course love. I'm sure Harry will be ok with that." Louis said. Niall smiled.

*****

Louis finished making dinner. "Can you wake Harry up please Gem?" He asked.

Gemma went into the living room, smiling when she saw the kitten now perched on Harry's shoulder, his face in Harry's curly hair.

"Harry....Harry it's dinner time." She shook him gently.

Harry woke up, blinking at the ceiling light that was now switched on. He realised the kitten was on his shoulder, and smiled.

"Can you move kitty please Gem Gem?" He asked sweetly.

Gemma reached across and picked the tiny puss up, holding it in her hands, as Harry slowly got up off of the sofa. He wasn't in a great deal of pain now, more discomfort than anything else. He took the kitten back from Gemma and followed her to the kitchen.

"Alright Harry.  Did you have a nice sleep?" Harry nodded.

"You can't have the kitten at the table love. He's got a bed in the living room, go put him in there please." Louis said as he served up the food.

Harry frowned. "But...but...he won't eat my dinner Daddy."

"Sorry love. It's not hygienic to have animals at the dinner table. Off you go."

Harry was sad. He didn't want his new friend to be alone. He walked back to the living room. He found the bed near the sofa and knelt down on the floor. He placed the kitten in its bed. It turned around a couple of times, before laying down.

Harry smiled, but then felt sad, he didn't want to leave the kitten alone while he ate, so he'd just skip dinner. He laid down on the floor beside the kitten, he wasn't comfortable,  but he felt good  keeping his friend company. He petted the animal, and it purred, happily. The noise made Harry smile again, and he closed his eyes.

"Where's Harry gone? Go get him please Niall." Louis asked.

Niall returned a few seconds later, laughing. "Aww Dad, you gotta come see this."

Louis and Gemma followed Niall back into the living room, and stopped by the sofa. Looking down at the sleeping boy and kitten, cuddled up together. "Oh wow. That's so cute." Gemma said, taking yet another photo.

Louis bent down, picking Harry up carefully and put him on the sofa, then put the kitten on his chest. "I'll warm his dinner up later." He said. They all went back to the kitchen to eat.

This was going to be a friendship that Harry will love forever.

Hi.
How is everyone?
Hope everyone is ok, staying in and safe.
So the uk is now on lockdown  it's so scary.
Please stay home. Let's get this awful virus out of our lives asap.

Take care everyone.
All the love. 💖💖💖💖💖